fuel gauge goes crazy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel gauge goes crazy.

anyone else have a problem with the fuel guage bouncing all over the place especially on turns? what is the problem? what is the fix?
    i was swimming in the carribean. animals were hiding behind the rocks except for the little fish, but they told me the squid\'s trying to talk to me. oink, oink. where is my mind?

Being that your fuel gauge is a float type of gauge, there are going to be some times in which the gauge is going to sway, dependent upon the amount of fuel that is in the tank.

If your at 1/4 tank, and you make a left hand turn, all the fuel is going to go to the other side, and your gauge will reflect that.
    now, with that said,
    If your tank is at a 1/4 and you do the same, and the gauge is literally all over the place, you probably have a bad fuel sending unit. The unit runs off of resistance, and after time, the unit just gets too old and starts to fail. I had the same problem in my 85 K5 Blazer, and had to replace the entire unit.
    But, if it just moves when you go around a corner...your in like Flynn....it's supposed to do that, and it's normal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X