car not pulling above 3500 rpm???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car not pulling above 3500 rpm???

I just got new tires yesterday for my car, dunlop SP5000's I think. today I floored it off the line, and it doesn't pull nearly as hard above 3500 rpm as it did yesterday. I watched them put them on yesterday, so i know they didn't mess w/ it. it's like the car pulls fine, and then at 3500 has no power at all. I really need help on this. All opinions welcome.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Did you get larger wheels?

New tires aren't going to affect that. It would be like saying the color of my bedroom walls affected my golf swing.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

no, the tires are 255-50's, just like my old kumho's. I don't think it's the tires, but i still mentioned it in case ppl thought it was. could it be the fact that this has full tread, and the kumho's were worn past the wear bars. I know that bigger tires means lower gearing, so could that be it?

Comment

&lt;cough&gt; HPP3 &lt;cough&gt;

hahaha, check your air filter. It may need to be cleaned.

This isn't really an advanced tech deal.
        Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
        "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
        http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

moving to general tech! [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Oh you have a Hpp3.. Im sorry :(
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Dominic:
              Oh you have a Hpp3.. Im sorry :( <hr></blockquote>

I was waiting for Dominic to make a comment about the HPP3.. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

this goes in suspension.
                2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

yikes! went from advanced, to general, and now to suspension.

Haha dominic, it wasn't the programming, cuz I thought of that too, and pulled the programming, then drove the car around. it still did it. reinstalling the programming didn't affect it either. I've noticed that my exhaust note sounds different now, seems like it's deeper and I can hear individual cylinders now.

I just got a "Sevice Engine Soon" light today. only went on when I was at full throttle and over 4000 rpms, and it didn't stay on, it flashed a few times, then went out when I took my foot out of it and just let it cruise.

I have a appointment for a 36,000 mile checkup tuesday, and told them to check out the light, get me a replacement lower air box(cuz mine has a few cracks in it), and give the engine a good once over.

I also am having a strange vibration or buzzing when I start the car, but it goes away when I speed up a little, and comes back when I let it sit there. I was thinking exhaust, but all clearances are good by 1/2" or more. I'm also thinking driveshaft since I've gotten the bird up to 100-110 at least once each week for the past few months.

Any Ideas?

Comment

Hey if you figure out what it is let me know, i'm having the same problem. I really think is a fuel problem though, if i find out whats wrong, I'll let you know! :(
                    _davjos81- 02 v6<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/davjos81\" target=\"_blank\">www.cardomain.com/id/davjos81 </a><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/davjos81\" target=\"_blank\"> <a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/davjos81\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/davjos81</a> </a> <br /><br />-over $8,000 invested! Too many mods to list, just check out my site!!

Comment

Back to gen tech.
                      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

Flashing SES light means misfireing conditions, I believe. Check your owner's manual.

Comment

might be a clogged cat!!

i had suffered from the same symptoms.

Comment

the flashing ses light went solid a day after i noticed it flashing. now, it feels like all timing has been pulled, cuz it doesn't accelerate for crap, and it sounds different out the exhaust. I just dropped it off at the dealer, so we'll see what they have to say.

Comment

it's a clogged cat.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                3 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X