help with remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with remote

hey guys , my remotes dont work at all. i got a new battery and it worked for like a lil while and when i get home it still doesnt work. wtf! this car is full of probs. i think i might trade it in for a formula i know for sale! anyone have any suggestions.
    2000 firebird w68, auto, t-tops , 3.42 , k&n, whisper lid, taylor 8mm spark plug wires , bosch spark plugs , 3\"in/out carsound CAT , 3\" i pipe, take off trans am muffler, C6 Z06 rims

Remote is probably old and worn out. You may need to take it apart and clean the contact points with cotton and alcohol, or just replace it altogether. My factory remote lasted me 4 years, then it wouldn't work anymore, even after cleaning it. Had to get a new one from the dealer, now it works great. They also sell them on ebay for a better price than a GM Dealer would offer.

-Marc
    sigpic

Comment

my old remote wore out and i bought a gm replacement off from ebay... no instructions on how to program the new one. got a 97 bird. anyone know how to program them?
      \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Try this. www.installuniversity.com Click on Install Documents, then go to additional key fob remotes. Not sure if this helps, but lots of good info @ this site. Good luck.

Comment

I had to replace mine not too long ago. I think they are like 60 bucks.
          1996 Camaro RS Bright Red<br />3.8L V6 A4 3.42\'s<br />K&N Filtercharger<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler<br />Y87 Performance Package

Comment

now the damn thing works for me haha i just changed the battery and did what ever steps the manual said to reset it. you think keepin the car clean all time and babying it , it wouldnt give u crap in return. hahah
            2000 firebird w68, auto, t-tops , 3.42 , k&n, whisper lid, taylor 8mm spark plug wires , bosch spark plugs , 3\"in/out carsound CAT , 3\" i pipe, take off trans am muffler, C6 Z06 rims

Comment

ok... ive got a new replacement fob, new batteries and went through the programming procedure a dozen times and cant get the remmote to work. i bought my car used and it came with a remote on the keyring that never worked for me. is there a site where can i check the VIN # for factory options to see if the car even came with keyless entry? its a '97 30th anniversary edition firebird.

[ July 24, 2003: Message edited by: ellik ]</p>
              \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

I believe the last 8 digits (inclused 1 letter) is the determining factor of what your car came with from the factory, and GM has that record stashed away somewhere. You'll have to go to the dealer to have them decode it for you.
                I know when I got a new ign key made, they needed my whole vin, but concentrated most of my car's verification to the last 8 numbers.

-Marc
                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  2 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X