Bonneville question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonneville question...

Has anyone here have replaced a water pump from a bonnie? I'm stumped on these two last bolts that is sitting infront of the motor mount 1 inch away from the engine. My socket wrench can't get into the bolt so I can unscrew it. The pivot adapter can't fit between it either...HELP!
    <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

You have to remove the engine mount from both the engine and frame. Support your engine with something (a jack with a board on top of it), and then I think there are 4 bolts holding the bracket onto the frame there (2 on top, 2 on the side). I think there where 2 bolts holding it onto the engine. Once thoes are out you have to work it a bit to pull the mount out. Then you can get at thoes two bolts on the water pump.

It's a pain, so much easier on the f-body 3.8.
    <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

I can see this isn't a mechanic friendly. Da*n, this sucks! This is going to take all day to take that pump out. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] :mad:
      <i>00\' NBM Firebird~T-5<br />60\': <b>2.29 sec.</b><br />1/4: <b>14.7 @ 95.5 MPH<br />Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for me.</b></i>

Comment

bene, your sig bothers me every time i see it.

your 60' should be 2.29 sec, not 2.29 ft.

;)
        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

water pump = PITA on a bonne.

I had a 92 SSE before my WS6.

I almost had to to a water pump, but it turned out to be a hose connector busted above the pump, and had coolant leaking down the pump.

I traded it in shortly there after.

Ryan.
          1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by navyblue2000:
            bene, your sig bothers me every time i see it.

your 60' should be 2.29 sec, not 2.29 ft.

;)
            <hr></blockquote>

Hey! Thanks for looking out! EDIT sig initiated. ;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X