I changed plugs and wires but......... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I changed plugs and wires but.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I changed plugs and wires but.........

about 2 weeks ago i started getting misfires on cylanders #3 and 6 at low rpms (around 2000), i went in and had the plugs and wires replaced by the dealer. As i was leaving the dealership i floored it, no misfires in the low range, but now im getting misfires left and right in the upper rpms!!!! what else could be causing this? coils maybe?
    I guess I\'d have answer your question with another question.<br /><br />How many Abidiginals do you see in modeling??????<br /><br />headers, 3inch magnaflow cat, Loudmouth<br />99 Midnight Blue Firebird<br />3.8L A4

Usually if it is misfiring on 2 cylinders it is a coil pack. I said usually that is the cause, not always though. In this case it is. It is the first coil pack you see in the line of 3 that is bad. The 1st one controls cyl 6 and 3. What do ya know? Anyway good luck, i'm having some problems myself with coils.

Comment

It is possible that those misfiring plugs are not gapped right, that is what was wrong with mine...spent many hours under my car...
      Andrew

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        2 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X