Change Oil Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change Oil Light

I got my oil change about 2 weeks ago, and a few days ago my "Oil Change" light keeps coming on after I start it up.The light stays on for about 5 minutes and then goes off. This happens everytime I start my car. Anyone know what's going on? PLease Help
    Mike<br /><a href=\"http://www.my99firebird.gq.nu\" target=\"_blank\">www.my99firebird.gq.nu</a>

Read the owners manual it will tell you what to do. :cool:
    2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Insert the key into the ignition. Mash down the odometer reset button as you turn the ignition ON (don't start the car). Wait until the light flashes & goes out, & turn the ignition OFF again. That's all there is to it.
      2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

just hold the odometer down for 12-15 sec when the car is on or ignition on. and read the owners manual.
        6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

hmm...yup just wondering when does the light go off....7000 miles I think...or around there...

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Sense when did FBODY's get a change oil light. I dont have one.

Comment

pgriffith, you should. upper lt hand corner.
              i meant press the trip meter down for 12 sec.
              the manual says it will come on when it senses the oil to be dirty and in need of changing or every 5000 miles.
              6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

And nobody at my delearship knows how the detector works. Viscosity test, thermal conductivity, temperature, hydrocarbon analyzer, moisture analyzer ...
                Zaino; FireBatCave Decals; Red Inside<br /><br />K&N Filter & Lid; Removed MAF screen; FRA; Raised Air Box; 180°F Stat; BMR STB; 3\" Catco & S-pipe; Borla Cat-Back; O2 Sim; HPPIII; NGK TR55s; Taylor 8mm wires<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by pgriffith:
                  Sense when did FBODY's get a change oil light. I dont have one.<hr></blockquote>

It was an option in 1999.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Steve Caroccia:
                  And nobody at my delearship knows how the detector works. Viscosity test, thermal conductivity, temperature, hydrocarbon analyzer, moisture analyzer ...<hr></blockquote>

The way that it works is the computer records your RPM's when u reach a set number it trips the meter.
                  2002 M5 Bright Metallic Silver <br />*Fully loaded and modded<br /><br />2005 GSXR 750<br />*Micron Serpent Race Exhaust *K&N Filter *Power Commander *Trying to hit 200 MPH!<br /><br />1970 SS 454 Chevelle Cortez Silver<br />*It can pass anything but a gas station

Comment

Actually, my oil light always comes on at a set number of miles....an RPM activated light could go off anytime, even before the oil change is due...It's something like 4,000 miles or so after it was last reset, I can't remember.
                    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X