Compressor sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressor sound

My A/C compressor is making a nasty sound on or off. it sounds like a grinding right at the pulley. I bought a Stethascope (sp?) and was about to pin point it to that exact spot. Can I just take it apart and lub it up a little? Is there another problem?
    White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

same problem with my car
    you can do only 1 thing realyl, run your ac all the time. What happend is is the AC wasnt put on for a while, so the clutch got rusty, and now, it's making a grinding noise. Keep it running, it should lube it up a bit, but, the AC clutch will need replacing.
    -Steve

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by v6maro:
      same problem with my car
      you can do only 1 thing realyl, run your ac all the time. What happend is is the AC wasnt put on for a while, so the clutch got rusty, and now, it's making a grinding noise. Keep it running, it should lube it up a bit, but, the AC clutch will need replacing.
      -Steve
      <hr></blockquote>

Is the clutch hard to replace or even fix by taking a little sand paper to the rust?

[ June 14, 2002: Message edited by: bu-bye ]</p>
      White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X