To Kill a Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Kill a Mustang

Could be a nice little book title eh? Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could give me a few recommendations. I'd like to get my 3.8 running fast enough to take 5.0 Mustangs. I was trying to figure out the most practical, cost-effective approach and was't sure where to start. Right now I'm bone-stock and could eat plenty of rice, so on to bigger things. I'd definitely appreciate any reasonable recommendations here, budget-minded ones that is :-(. Being 17 doesn't provide much income...
    1997 Camaro RS - Polo Green<br /> Y87 Performance Package<br /> 80 Series Flowmaster <br /> Homemade CAI<br /> B&M Transpak Stage II

intake and exhaust first off..... everything else builds off of them. then gears, cam, head work....theyre prolly next in line, depending on what you want to do.
    where in Pitt are you? if you want a hand, let me know.

[ October 03, 2003: Message edited by: ellik ]</p>
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Ah nice, ur in Pittsburgh also. Im in the South Hills area.
      1997 Camaro RS - Polo Green<br /> Y87 Performance Package<br /> 80 Series Flowmaster <br /> Homemade CAI<br /> B&M Transpak Stage II

Comment

I'm in Greentree/ Crafton area.... about 20 minutes north of you off from 79. ive got a garage.... warmer than the weather outside now.... and enough tools to do the basics plus.

[ October 03, 2003: Message edited by: ellik ]</p>

Comment

Greentree/Crafton, I know exactly where that is. Been there a good number of times, and isn't that far at all.

Comment

shoot me an email anytime

james_ellik@hotmail.com

and i'll give you my cell #. if your not running on any timeframe December/ January I'm doing headers and either going to true duals like Dominics set-up or going to a 3" system. I'll sell you my flowmaster cat-back cheap and install them for you if you're interested in bargain mods.
            and like i said, let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Comment

Ill def drop ya a line sometime, n I'd love ta buy ur catback sometime, depending on how cashflow is lookin by then...hahah. Lemme know though around then.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                2 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X