Coolant issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant issue

Hey this prob has been going on all summer, but I have been basically filling my car up with water every morning since about August. My car runs fine, temp and all, but there is a leak and I fear that it's coming from the block!($$$$$) It is a small drip that looks like it's coming from over the H20 pump. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] I have let it go on because it's like, Hell it can be okay right now on water and it does not always drip, sometimes she is fine and other times it pours out. I tried to see if their was something I was doing to make it start and stop like that. Now that the weather is changing here, I gotta get Dex in there so she won't freeze up. Anyone know how to tell if your block is cracked, or any solutions???? [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
    -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Are you sure it's not the water pump that's leaking?
    1995 Firebird 3.4L<br /><a href=\"http://kansas.no-ip.com/\" target=\"_blank\">My Site</a>

Comment

Yea, it's brand new, the pump that is. I got it checked out, it was the Lower intake gasket that was leaking and it ran me a little, but thats better than the block having problems. All is well now, I got it fixed this morning!~
      -235/4517 Chrome Mondera Solaris<br />-Hornet remote start-keyless entry<br />-Pioneer 8400/CD/MP3<br />-2 Audiobahn 10\'s in custom box<br />-Flowmaster exhaust-SLP CAI-*180<br /><br />Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity....Tony from \"Snatch\"

Comment

would you explain a bit more about the lower intake gasket... mu coolants always a bit 'rusty' (with smudgy stuff in it) but its not leaking, and all the f-bod ppl say its the way our cars are, but this one, non-fbod person said on his saturn it was the intake gasket that was faulty...

thanks for any added info
        ian

ps. good job on getting it fixed [img]smile.gif[/img]
        97 camaro<br />black, 5 speed, t-tops, rockford fosgate cd w/4X6.5\" rockford speakers, 3\" flowmaster american thunder catback with 3\" carsound cat, SLP CAI, B&M Ripper w/leather Hurst shift knob, 5% tint.<br /> <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100</a>

Comment

depending on what it is....go to auto parts store and get some coolant sealer....its a powder you pour in and it just blocks off and little holes you may have cracks and so forth...give it a shot, might take care of your problems ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
          05' CTS-V
          00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

I think my man was saying that he isn't leaking right now, but his coolant is smuggy. You may want to take your car to get it professionally flushed. You can flush it yourself, and that can help out some. What can help even more is to buy a back flushing system, it will run you like 5 bucks and you only need to buy it once, cause the valve stays on your hose. If that dosen't work then you have some serious deposits making your fluid like that, and they can take care of that with little to no problem. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ October 06, 2003: Message edited by: Christian ]

[ October 06, 2003: Message edited by: Christian ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X