PLugs n wires, Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PLugs n wires, Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLugs n wires, Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

yeah... i decided to tackle the plugs and wires myself right... uh huh.. my poor hands.. im not even going to try to get the plugs out, but i did look at my wires and yeah, they are fried... well not all of them just 2. the back ones wernt that bad to take off, they just didnt want to come off. the middle one on the passenger side came right off, but what a pita to put back on, and the front ones came off with no problems at all. can not believe it took me 1 hour to take 3 wires off and back on. the driver side... #3 wire didnt want to come off at all, so i had to cut it, but here comes the task of putting back on.. Someone pray for me... i just might have to cry...

whoever said its an act of god to do it yourself in your driveway thats on a 35 degree incline... yeah.... i dont even think god can do this job in my driveway... and all i am using is the factory jack... Yeah im a poor white guy in the army... lol

but i do want to thank everyone that gave their 2 cents on how to do this, I'm bowing to you. You probably have done the hardest jobs on the camaro... why cant the 3.8 be as easy as the 5.7?

Thanks
    C. Archer
    Ft. Campbell Ky
    Air Assault
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

YOU GOT UNDER THE CAR WITH ONLY THE FACTORY JACK SUPPORTING IT?!?!?!?!

[img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

Deathwish, meet Archer.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
    Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Loochy88:
      YOU GOT UNDER THE CAR WITH ONLY THE FACTORY JACK?!?!?!?!

[img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]
      <hr></blockquote>

it was my only chance.. there is a place on ft campbell called air assault auto, its $2 an hour to use a bay and lift, but like i said im a poor white guy and the army isnt paying me right since i came back from iraq... and the camaro is killing my finances.. but i cant give her up its like giving up your child.. and the factory jack, yeah its all i have, and its doing good actualy, i have the e brake on the tires chocked. she isnt going n e where, besides, i hear the slightest noise of the car moving, Tuck n Roll grandma!!! my *** will be out of there.and i only have 1 side up, not the whole front. Im not that stupid.. lol

C.

Comment

Its Fixed, no more stutter when i push on the gas pedal. now it takes off like a bat out of hell!

thanks for the info guys... oh and its a PITA to do your self... hell i didnt even touch the plugs... that can wait till i get more tools to take the headers out.

C.Archer

Comment

NEVER EVER get under your car with just a factory jack always ALWAYS use jackstands.. I'll send youa picture of my jack that snapped while I was under my car.. 3500 lbs on my head would have = ouch + death .. Now, go buy jackstands!
          NEW RIDE: 2000 Trans Am LS1 5.7L<p>1993 Firebird 3.4 V6 --TRADE IN<br />02 T/A Taillights and centerfillerpanel (Transbird)hehe<br />K&N airfilter<br />Magnaflow Muffler

Comment

yea.. i ditched the factory jack. and bought 4 jackstands..and a nice floor jack.. and rino ramps are the ****.

now that i have all the proper tools. i can do plugs and wires in just under half an hour. its sooo easy with headers [img]smile.gif[/img]
            96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

ive seen factory jacks colapse while tires were being changed. do not get under there man, please. go to walmart and buy some 10 dollar stands.

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
              Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Archer:
                yeah... i decided to tackle the plugs and wires myself right... uh huh.. my poor hands.. im not even going to try to get the plugs out, but i did look at my wires and yeah, they are fried... well not all of them just 2. the back ones wernt that bad to take off, they just didnt want to come off. the middle one on the passenger side came right off, but what a pita to put back on, and the front ones came off with no problems at all. can not believe it took me 1 hour to take 3 wires off and back on. the driver side... #3 wire didnt want to come off at all, so i had to cut it, but here comes the task of putting back on.. Someone pray for me... i just might have to cry...

whoever said its an act of god to do it yourself in your driveway thats on a 35 degree incline... yeah.... i dont even think god can do this job in my driveway... and all i am using is the factory jack... Yeah im a poor white guy in the army... lol

but i do want to thank everyone that gave their 2 cents on how to do this, I'm bowing to you. You probably have done the hardest jobs on the camaro... why cant the 3.8 be as easy as the 5.7?

Thanks
                C. Archer
                Ft. Campbell Ky
                Air Assault
                <hr></blockquote>

Find a few 2X4's, brick, or cinder blocks laying around base and put them under there so if that crapy jack fails it will give you enough time to get the hell out LOL

AIRBORNE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Black 96 Z/28, A4, T-tops, tint, 2.73 LSD, Kenwood.<br /><br />Previous Camaro: Bright white 86 Camaro, MPI 2.8 A4 3.42, tint, Z-28 wheels, a few goodies.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Archer:

there is a place on ft campbell called air assault auto, its $2 an hour to use a bay and lift, but like i said im a poor white guy and the army isnt paying me right since i came back from iraq...
                  <hr></blockquote>

$2 an hour you can't afford? You must REALLY be broke! I could have PayPal'd you the safety and saved you trouble..
                  94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

I dont know what they have out around you, but at my local autoparts store, they sell two jackstands a a jack, a creeper and two tire blocks for $30. Check out kragen or parts america.

Check this deal out http://www.partsamerica.com/PartDeta...egoryCode=3397
                    Cardomain

Comment

http://www.thenebula.com/firebird/oil/full/1.jpg
                      25$ at walmart
                      2002 Black FireBird M5 2-5-02<br />Red BMR strut bar<br />Dynomax Super Turbo muffler with FastToys.com tips.<br />4 Coats of Zaino - Better every time<p>Need to post pictures? Do it <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/carpics/\" target=\"_blank\">here</a>. its <b>easy</b> and <b>free</b>.<br />Change your own oil. <a href=\"http://www.thenebula.com/firebird/oil/\" target=\"_blank\">click here</a>.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        2 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X