3800 Series II Engine in my hands, what needs swapping from my rwd 3800 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3800 Series II Engine in my hands, what needs swapping from my rwd 3800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3800 Series II Engine in my hands, what needs swapping from my rwd 3800

The engine I bought is a complete non-supercharged FWD engine from oil pan to lower manifold, no fuel accessories, no upper manifold/throttle body. As far as I know now, I need to swap these parts from my rwd engine to the new one:

Oil Pan

Upper Intake Manifold (will bolt up correct? or do I need to put my lower manifold on too, would assume that the lower manifold off mine would bolt up to the heads since they are identical, correct?)

Fuel Injectors / Fuel Rail

Exhaust Manifolds (bolt patterns the same for the same heads i would assume, just dif manifolds, also will the Pacesetter's bolt to the FWD non-supercharged heads??)

Engine Mounts

Coil Bracket

EGR Valve

Alternator

Starter?

Transmission of course (anything need to be modified here to hook up to my v6 4l60e?)

Thanx again and let me know of anything I missed and any and all help you can offer! I will let you all know how hard it was or wasn't, thanx again!
    C. Boney<br />1997 Firebird 3.8L V6<br />---------------------<br />Modifications:<br /> <br /> SLP Cold Air Induction, Ported/Polished Throttle Body, Carsound 3\" High Flow Cat, Sweet Thunder 24\" Chambered Muffler, Removed Rear Exhaust Section, Custom Fan Switch, 35th Anniv. Silver Stripes, Old T/A-Style Silver Sail Birds

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X