200hp 3.4l is it possible without power adder? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

200hp 3.4l is it possible without power adder?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 93v6firebird:

I am better than you. What more can I say?
    I told you, one day I might hire you to do something for me... mow my grass or plug my computer in? But youre out of a job if you dont cure that attitude.
    <hr></blockquote>

damn yur funny. ever think of becoming a comedian? probably the only thing you'll ever do well. has anyone else noticed his feeble attempts to upset me by referring to my future job status as his lackey?

id rather die personally. well..that or kill him. one or the other. anyhow. i think ill just stop posting replies to this waste of my time. cause seriously my intellect is so much more important than to waste a couple of seconds typing out this reply.

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
    Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
    West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Camarorulz:
      Imagine a V8 guy browsing this board and reading the ridiculous arguments about which V6 is better... :rolleyes: I agree with Magnus' comment about constructive criticism: if a 3.8 swap can be done for the price he says, then that's the best thing if you want power/dollar.

If you want to be unique, then the 3400 can be made quicker (as in low-15s, high-14s), for a pretty high price.

Just give the turbo 3.8s some time, they will leave the competition in the dust. I think what we've seen from them (low-14s) is only the beginning of their potential.
      <hr></blockquote>

yet another 3.8 owner who thinks the 3.8 is the most spectacular thing on the planet.

the only reason teh 3400 didnt get into the 10 best is cause it hasn't been used quite as much as the 3800 has. q tho -- and anyone can answer this. why - if the 3800 is so great - is gm phasing it out?

theres a conundrum.

-R

hybrid - \'\'hI-br&d - The offspring of a cross between species.
      Co-Founder West Coast F-Bodies
      West Coast F-Bodies Car Club - WCFB Message Board

Comment

• Russell, I thought your intellect was too important to waste on another response.
        ?!?
        :rolleyes:

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Russell:

yet another 3.8 owner who thinks the 3.8 is the most spectacular thing on the planet.

the only reason teh 3400 didnt get into the 10 best is cause it hasn't been used quite as much as the 3800 has. q tho -- and anyone can answer this. why - if the 3800 is so great - is gm phasing it out?

theres a conundrum.

-R
          <hr></blockquote>
          and your a 3.4 owner who thinks the 3.4 is the most spectacular thing on the planet.
          you talk about GM phasing out the 3.8, yet I believe the 3.4 was phased out in like 1995.
          btw the 2003/4 gp has a series 3 3800, not quite the phase out you expected? montes and impalas keep them also, and I'm sure alot of Buicks will too.
          millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jerriko:
            Russell, I thought your intellect was too important to waste on another response.
            ?!?
            :rolleyes:
            <hr></blockquote>

Wasting time on 93v6.

Some of you guys don't know when to stop... no use in beating a dead horse.

This is a discussion that will never come to an end, everybody is too stubborn to admit one is better than the other or come to a compromise on opinion so why not just let the thread die?

There are some fast 3.8s and some fast 3.4s...

The price of a 3.8 and the work involved in swapping one is not the best thing you can do with your money for the 3.4.

Bottom line is, if you pick up a 3.4 f-body and a 3.8 f-body straight from the dealership, the 3.8 will win. That doesn't mean much on this board because almost NOBODY has a stock car on here! I will whoop up some stock or mildly modded 3.8s but a lot of you guys will leave me in the dust... who the hell cares?

If somebody likes their car and wants to put money into it, who are you to tell them what to do with their money? The guy asked how to get 200hp out of his 3.4 and ppl suggest putting in a 3.8 ... how does that even relate to the topic?

Let this thread die already.

[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: 95Batmobile ]</p>
            <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 95Batmobile:

[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: 95Batmobile ]
              <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

Comment

If somebody likes their car and wants to put money into it, who are you to tell them what to do with their money? The guy asked how to get 200hp out of his 3.4 and ppl suggest putting in a 3.8 ... how does that even relate to the topic?

<hr></blockquote>

Exactly the whole put a "3.8L in it" thing is dumb. I could care less what motor I have, all I care is what power it makes for the cost. not Wroth the work and effort to put in a 3.8L and not get much of an improvement.

either way the 60* v6 is not being phased out, its still going in many cars. Wear do you think Russell got his parts from?

Just because its not in an f-body doesn't mean they stopped making them.

For waht its worth a Factory 60* v6 was making 280hp, but they decided to detune it to 215 hp, because the torque ate up FWD transmissions too much. Thats more then a GTP has made till just currently and it was done without a supercharger.

[ November 02, 2003: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]</p>

Comment

• Not to beat the thread to death or anything (i think that already happened) but I am swapping my 3.4L for a 3.8L. I got a 3.8L with everything (53k miles) for $610 shipped. I couldn't rebuild my 3.4L worth a crap for that (it has 130k miles). But on another note, 200hp with a 3.4 is possible easy without power adder. Just have to swap cam, header and the rest of exhaust, etc.
                  2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE D20 M5 - Modified ;) <a href=\"http://www.knightenmotorsports.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.knightenmotorsports.com</a> <br />[ U R L = h t t p : / / w w w . g e o c i t i e s . c o m / h e a r t l a n d _ h e a t _ v 6 ] Heartland Heat V6 [ / U R L ]

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by speedracer95v6:
                    Not to beat the thread to death or anything (i think that already happened) but I am swapping my 3.4L for a 3.8L. I got a 3.8L with everything (53k miles) for $610 shipped. I couldn't rebuild my 3.4L worth a crap for that (it has 130k miles). But on another note, 200hp with a 3.4 is possible easy without power adder. Just have to swap cam, header and the rest of exhaust, etc.<hr></blockquote>

You are beating this thread even more into a bloody pulp and not helping any by saying you're swapping a 3.8 then saying you need major motor work (headers/cam/etc) to get 200hp.

Wrong time to give your opinion man...
                    <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Not to beat the thread to death or anything (i think that already happened) but I am swapping my 3.4L for a 3.8L. I got a 3.8L with everything (53k miles) for $610 shipped. I couldn't rebuild my 3.4L worth a crap for that (it has 130k miles). But on another note, 200hp with a 3.4 is possible easy without power adder. Just have to swap cam, header and the rest of exhaust, etc.<hr></blockquote>

You got a PCM, motor all working accessories, brakcets(powersteering, AC), crossmember, and tranny for $610 shipped?

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Camarorulz:
                        Imagine a V8 guy browsing this board and reading the ridiculous arguments about which V6 is better... :rolleyes: I agree with Magnus' comment about constructive criticism: if a 3.8 swap can be done for the price he says, then that's the best thing if you want power/dollar.

If you want to be unique, then the 3400 can be made quicker (as in low-15s, high-14s), for a pretty high price.

Just give the turbo 3.8s some time, they will leave the competition in the dust. I think what we've seen from them (low-14s) is only the beginning of their potential.
                        <hr></blockquote>

I'm a V8 guy ;) but I used to have a 3.4...and it is a superior engine...the end

low 14's does not impress me at all...wait till someone finishes their 3.4 ;)

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: Equis ]</p>
                        Car: 1995 Camaro 3.4L V6<br />Mods: K&N FIPK,3 IN. Flowmaster exaust,RKSports headers,ported/polished heads, Eibach lowering springs, RKSports preformance wing, short shifter<p><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/equis\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/equis</a><p>Don\'t Let Coast Motor Supply Happen To You.<p>Hear The Roar Of The 3.4

Comment

• I think the point I was making before - before Russell had to be a huge toolbox - was that the 3.4L engine sucks as a stock engine. Yeah if you wanna put tons of money into an engine maybe you can get better results dollar for dollar than you can w/ the 3.8.
                          no need to defend an engine like its your baby
                          and if you can acknowledge that the 3.4 sucks, youre lost. I mean thats not to say that the v6 fbody isnt a cool/nice/fun car, but its not a dragster - never will be a dragster and if you wanted a car w/ huge output you bought the wrong one.

This doesnt mean that people that invest a lot of money/time into making a fast 3.4 or 3.8 are worthless or losers or whatever - to each their own and everyone does different things to have fun. But dont come on here trying to pretend that either engine is an awesome ****ing engine.

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: 93v6firebird ]</p>

Comment

This is a discussion that will never come to an end, everybody is too stubborn to admit one is better than the other or come to a compromise on opinion so why not just let the thread die?

There are some fast 3.8s and some fast 3.4s...

The price of a 3.8 and the work involved in swapping one is not the best thing you can do with your money for the 3.4.

Bottom line is, if you pick up a 3.4 f-body and a 3.8 f-body straight from the dealership, the 3.8 will win. That doesn't mean much on this board because almost NOBODY has a stock car on here! I will whoop up some stock or mildly modded 3.8s but a lot of you guys will leave me in the dust... who the hell cares?

<hr></blockquote>
                            A post that actually is not completely idiotic in this thread!

This has become the stupidest thread that I have ever seen on the board. Here are the facts:

1. You can make a 3.4L hit 200rwhp w/o power adder.
                            2. Russell does not have a stock engine, or a factory engine, or an engine that was ever designed by GM Powertrain.
                            3. Swapping a 3.8L into a 3.4L car is not too bright, unless you blew up the 3.4.
                            4. All engines are phased out as better units replace them. The L36 is superior to the L32 just as the 3.9L HV will be better than the 3800SII and SIII.
                            Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

What more can you ask for Eric.

How can you say its not worth the $$$... if you can sell ANY of your 3.4 stuff to bring the cost of the swap down its even more worth it. A stock 3.8 vs a stock 3.4 should be about 1-1.3 seconds faster imho. Many people race at different tracks and have different results, I've seen enough 3.8 vs 3.4 races with different cars to know how they perform.

There are several 3.8's now in the 13's NA.. Current 3.4 record is 15.4 NA. Even IF a 3.4 goes 15.0 NA with stock bottom end (or even modified one) thats still 1.4 seconds behind a 3.8. That is a LOT!

12.2-&gt;13.6 is much less of a noticeable difference than 13.5-&gt;15.0

3.4's may be a good reliable engine, but stop denying facts.

A 3800 series II car is in the 10's. What more proof do you need? Stock elim guys do 12's NA with the 3.8's... WHat do stock elim guys do with 3.4's NA?

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: Magnus ]</p>
                              Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

• <blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Magnus:

What more can you ask for Eric.

How can you say its not worth the $$$... if you can sell ANY of your 3.4 stuff to bring the cost of the swap down its even more worth it. A stock 3.8 vs a stock 3.4 should be about 1-1.3 seconds faster imho. Many people race at different tracks and have different results, I've seen enough 3.8 vs 3.4 races with different cars to know how they perform.

There are several 3.8's now in the 13's NA.. Current 3.4 record is 15.4 NA. Even IF a 3.4 goes 15.0 NA with stock bottom end (or even modified one) thats still 1.4 seconds behind a 3.8. That is a LOT!

12.2-&gt;13.6 is much less of a noticeable difference than 13.5-&gt;15.0

3.4's may be a good reliable engine, but stop denying facts.

A 3800 series II car is in the 10's. What more proof do you need? Stock elim guys do 12's NA with the 3.8's... WHat do stock elim guys do with 3.4's NA?

[ November 03, 2003: Message edited by: Magnus ]
                                <hr></blockquote>

I dunno someone should look it up for us.

the only reason why tehre is a 3.8 in teh 10s is because someone put money into it , plain and simple. If someonme puts money in a 3.4 it will go fast too. yay.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X