How to remove FI Manifold Step by Step? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove FI Manifold Step by Step?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove FI Manifold Step by Step?

This is 'kinda embarassing.
    I haven't worked on an engine since the 327 Chevy was king. I now have a 3.4 Camaro motor - on an engine stand even- and am finding it to be the most difficult engine "to get to" that I've ever worked on. I'm even having a bad time getting to the valve covers.
    A few months ago, there was a step-by-step article (on the 60 degree board, I think) about removing Plenum, manifold and all the rest of that very basic stuff. It's not posted there anymore.
    Can someone please post a link or otherwise lead me to that (or a similar)baby-step article?
    The good news: I'm converting to CARB and need NONE of the fuel injection stuff. Putting the 3.4 in a www.StalkerV6.com lotus 7 replica.

PS: How the heck do you guys work on these things installed in a Camaro? Wow!
    TIA, Jim Gunther
    Jim Gunther

The Stalker Six is the first thing I want to do when I'm outta college and have dedicated garage space that isn't at my folks house! [img]smile.gif[/img] Good luck with the install, try a repair manual. Search the board, I know several folks have done 3.4 work themselves.
    -Rob
    <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Jim Gunther:
      PS: How the heck do you guys work on these things installed in a Camaro? Wow!<hr></blockquote>

Blood, sweat, tears, band-aids, beer, pizza and a'whole LOTTA cursing!

-Marc
      sigpic

Comment

Hats off to anybody who works on these things very often.
        I was able to 'figger it out after a while but, I'm certainly looking forward to running this thing with a old fashioned carburator and distributor. I like fuel injection but, I don't want to touch it
        Life's too short..... Give me the simple life.....
        Be well,
        Jim
        Jim Gunther

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X