Spark Plug WIRES? best of!!??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark Plug WIRES? best of!!??

what are the best spark plugs wires to get?
    i am prolly gonna get either NKG spark plugs or AC Delco....

i am looking at either Accell or Taylor
    but i don't know which ones are the best wires out there.... someone please help!
    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

MSD :D

Comment

I bought a set of wires from NAPA, I dont remember the name, it was a while ago. They were about 70 bux for the set, but heck, they came with a lifetime warrenty, so if they go bad or something, they replace them for free.
      !!!TOWN IDIOT!!!

Comment

There is no reason to go with anything other than AC Delco or along those lines if your car is pretty stock.
        I even have an upgraded ignition running perfectly on stock coils and wires. I will upgrade my coils and wires eventually, but only to have a complete MSD ignition system.

I'd just get some AC Delco wires.
        <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

i have accell 7000. they work great at 500ohms but MSD are 50 ohms per foot.
          2000 FIREBIRD NBM<br />Thanks to:<br />TSP, ZZP, TCI, Comp Cam, Whisper, GM, Lakewood, TrafficJamz Car Audio,HP Tuner, Alterstart, texas drivetrain and performance, BMR<br /><br />1990 BLUE CAMARO RS<br />1980 z28 <br /><br />venom-vi vice president

Comment

how much are MSD wires? Do they have them at like NAPA or do you have to mail order them?
            \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

Comment

no need to get anything other than AC Delco wires
              <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

are plugs and wires a ***** to replace?
                \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

Comment

i heard the the MSD wires melt on the stock manifolds.

go with taylor, same specs, and they are like $35 bucks

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Golbez:
                    are plugs and wires a ***** to replace?<hr></blockquote>

when i did them on my 96 camaro they were....
                    but know i know which ones to go from the bottom to get or through the top

u kinda gotta work both angles, bottom or car and top...then it will be easier...
                    2 people make the job go by really quick
                    <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ian:
                      i heard the the MSD wires melt on the stock manifolds.

go with taylor, same specs, and they are like $35 bucks
                      <hr></blockquote>

I would think any wire would melt if they lay on the stock exahust manifolds.
                      <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        2 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X