Wipers wont work, they just freeze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wipers wont work, they just freeze?

OK so my windshield wipers wont work unless i turn them all the way up, then turn the windshield wash on, and then back down the wipers to the second highest setting (dont ask me how i finally figured this out i just eventually did)it will work on this setting for a while then it will freeze and i have to start the process over. also if i change the settings after this, for the short time that they are working, they will just freeze up. does anyone know wtf is wrong and any way to fix it. i live in florida so i get a LOT of HEAVY rain so i need to get this fixed. the mechanic i took my car to tried to sell me a new computer but i highly doubt that is the real prob. PLEAS HELP cause im at a loss
    2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Your windsheild wiper motor has probably gone retarded on you. I had mine do that once, when I'd turn them off, they'd stick straight up. Pissed me off. Bought a used motor off ebay for like $20 and spent 45 min. replacing it.
    <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by daWhoady:
      I had mine do that once, when I'd turn them off, they'd stick straight up.<hr></blockquote>

Mine are doing that right now! I just end up pulling the wiper fuse and sticking it in the RADIO ACC fuse slot... BTW, anyone know what the RADIO ACC fuse controls?
      \'97 Camaro: GN Turbo w/intercooler, 3.42s w/ Auburn HD posi, Bulletproof 4L60E-HD, stage II shift kit, Vette servo, MSD Ign, K&N, Ported TB/MAF, 3\" FlowMaster, 160* thermo, HPTuners v1.6

Comment

Welcome to the world of chevs, my 98 s10 did that, and my dads 94 pickup does that. They wont work unless we turned them all the way up then back down...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X