Y87 Camaro is lower?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y87 Camaro is lower?

I have a Y87 Camaro and I noticed that my car is lower than all the other Camaros. Did they come lowered or maybe the previous owner put lowering springs on it?
    1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

ALot of people ask if my car is lowered but its bone stock height...

Comment

no y87 got the same springs, it might be that your car is been around the block a few times and the springs are a little worn, but if its really that dramatic, then the prev. owner may have lowered it...

merlin
      2002 Firebird<br />2003 Yamaha YZF 600R

Comment

i don't know, th_unforgiven has a y87 camaro and it was a lot lower than mine, and i put eibach lowering springs on, and it was still a little lower in the rear.
        97 polo metallic green v6<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tdaddyz\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

my y87 bird is lower.. than my camaro was... and it lower than my friend 02 camaro..
          it's all stock w/ 34k miles on it
          <b>*§*Julian*§*</b><br />*~*~*~<br />2000 Grand Prix GTP -Daytona 500 Edition (only 2000 made) - Supercharged 3.8L V6<br /><br />1998 3.8L V6 A4 Firebird w/ W68 package, Y87, T-TOPS!<br /><br /><a href=\"http://myweb.usf.edu/~jadidona/index.html\" target=\"_blank\">MY SITE - CHECK IT!</a>

Comment

That is a good question. I too have a Y87 and I notice especially at the rear that it's lower than a non-Y87 Firebird.

1998 Firebird . 1989 Firebird XS . 1986 Fiero GT

Comment

i've gotta 2002 y87 camaro, 11 months old, and i'm actually the highest camaro off the ground, in my local f-body club, measured at the nose...

--matt

Comment

bad shocks?

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
                05' CTS-V
                00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

No, it wouldn't be shocks for ride height. Shocks are only responsible for ride quality. If you were to take the springs out of a car and leave a set of brand new shocks in, the car would fall until the shocks bottomed out or until the wheels hit the wheelwells or the body touched the ground (etc.). On the other hand, if you were to leave the springs in the car and remove the shocks, the car would sit still at the same height, but any small bump and the car would bounce around like a slinky.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X