@#%!&* coil packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @#%!&* coil packs

ok i've replaced 2 so far in just a few months, and now i'm missin' and SES light is on again.. and i'm betting it a coil pack again :mad: .. is there something wrong here or do they just suck that BAD!!!
    MODS. (small yet noticable)<br />-Dynomax exhaust<br />-umm, custom intake lid & air silencer w/K&N (Cheap!)<br />-T/A rear bumper

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99 Bird 'o Fire:
    ok i've replaced 2 so far in just a few months, and now i'm missin' and SES light is on again.. and i'm betting it a coil pack again :mad: .. is there something wrong here or do they just suck that BAD!!!<hr></blockquote>

Have you even thought about checking for plugs or wires? If you replaced them recently there's almost no way that can be the problem unless you have serious electrical problems.
    ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

well i bought the replacements @ advanced auto. and i've heard alot of ppl talk crap about buying electrical parts there... i'm gonna rob a good one off my parents buick n' see if that don't fix the problem..
      MODS. (small yet noticable)<br />-Dynomax exhaust<br />-umm, custom intake lid & air silencer w/K&N (Cheap!)<br />-T/A rear bumper

Comment

stuck a pack from the buick on, in place of one i had just replaced from advanced 2 months ago.. and now the miss is gone!!! i'm going to dealership in just a few to get what i hope will be a long lasting one [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

magnus has all 3 of his coil packs on sale.

they are the factory coils.

check them out in the FOR SALE section.

good price on them too
          96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

well if you are buying the "bargain" brand from advance then I'd be willing to bet you are getting crap, buy ac delco coils if you aren't gonna go with msd or accel.. btw I know when I bought mine they were like $2 cheaper at the dealership than the list price at NAPA, I believe that you can get the ac delco's through autozone a little cheaper, but they are gonna have to order them more than likely..
            -Brad
            98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
            2000 V-Star Custom 1100
            If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
            :rock:

Comment

OEM ones are only like 18 bucks at Autozone
              AIM: escalier deverre<br />\'02 Pearl Blue Metallic RSX-S (daily driver)<br />\'98 Black Firebird<br />98 V6 turbocharged to 02 LS1 swap<br />\'02 LS1/4L60E<br />LS6 Block, LS6 Intake Manifold, Thunder Racing 215/220 .600/.523/115 Cam, Titanium Retainers, Crane Double Valve Springs, 125 shot NX Wet Kit w/ NOS brand Purge, True Dual \"H\" Pipe w/ two chambers and dumps, 17x11(rear) and 17x9.5(front) Black Powdercoated ZR1 Replicas on 315 and 275 BFGoodrich Comp T/A\'s (Street)/ET Drags/Skinnies on Weldlites(Track), 3.42/LSD

Comment

just got a good ole' AC delco ;) and problem is fixed. the moral of the story.. you get what you pay for. by the way, i think the name of the ones i got at advanced was GP soren.. i think. [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] beware.

Comment

i too am selling mine. i might even have an extra one that a dealership hook up gave me. you can have all 4 for the price of 3 if can find the extra one.

damn tyler, i just saw what magnus was asking. i cant believe you plug him and skip me. i am asking half his price.

[ July 07, 2003: Message edited by: nino ]</p>
                  6s.......under the hood or under the belt, they just dont cut it.

Comment

OEM replacemets at Advanced Auto are GP Soren(something like that) like 99 Bird 'o Fire said, and they're like $18 like xjarayax said. They've worked great for me.

I personally don't like AC Delco parts. What is the the first thing to go on GMs... electrical parts.

[ July 07, 2003: Message edited by: Dojo2000 ]</p>
                    ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      3 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X