Is my car worth keeping and repairing? I have a list a mile long :( - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is my car worth keeping and repairing? I have a list a mile long :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can get a waterpump for like $45 at Autozone with a LT Warranty.

It's pretty easy to replace too. I just had to replace mine a few weeks ago.
    \'01 Trans Am WS6 5.7L M6<br />Stock now w/ K&N and whisper lid<br />Coming soon: B&B Triflow catback, MAF, 85mm throttlebody, headers, supercharger?

Comment

Keep it Cass. Do you belong to a car club? A good way to get people over and take out those problems. A little money into and and some time and it will be just like normal. Then you can have her payed off and drive her into the ground.

If you get serious about all those repairs, post them up, them you can have this forum start compiling everything you may need to do it yourself.
      <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

Not sure about the rest of car, but that denim rear end I woul keep! ;)

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ichoptop:
          whenever someone gets a new car in our car club we figure out all the problems (you have already done this). Save up some cash, enough for all the necessary parts and a few pizzas. Invite all your buddies whith likeminded skills and cars over for a saturday and go to town. You would be suprized how much you can get fixed with the stereo cranked an 5 guys going to town on it.<hr></blockquote>

a local club is an invaluable resource, i agree. if you don't belong to one already, maybe do a search on the net, that's how i got hooked up with my local club. everyone helps everyone out, it's a lotta fun.

pizza is great, but don't forget BEER!!

--matt

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ichoptop:
            I must be just lucky or do enough preventative mainteneance. 106 thousand miles and the only thing that has ever broke was the plastic idler pulley shattered and tore up the serpentine belt. Replaced it with a steel roller and have had no problems since.<hr></blockquote>

Same here, only did a clutch and AC(its florida)... and routine stuff... (brakes, alternator, battery)

went nearly 108k no serious problems, then...

-Rear end(put a used one in)
            -clutch again
            -tranny
            -Tapping valves
            -oil pressure sending unit
            -o2s
            -CAT
            -Tranny(again)
            -torque arm
            -tranny mount
            -Egr problems
            -Power steering
            -Ignition lock cylinder
            -frame bumpstop
            -brakes(rebuild caliper myself)
            -rear pinion seal
            -****ed 2 piece driveshaft
            -Clutch safety switch
            -Torque arm bracket

Some things took 30 minutes to fix, some took 8 hours, some required delearship fixes.

All in about 20k miles...(not including routine, brake pads, rotors, plugs wires)

and there is still a list of many things that are likely to go out(fuel pump, more sensors, waterpump, radiator, etc...)

And all that does not include crap that happened to my car that is reliability related.

I see f-bodies as about 7-8 year 100-120k cars. Hence why I am kind of skipping over LT1s.

[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]

[ September 30, 2003: Message edited by: MustangEater8251 ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X