oil goes in the air compressor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil goes in the air compressor?

I had no idea, but today me and a friend were evaluating why i was having this aweful noise coming from the engine compartment. It sounded like an old alarm clock, you know the ones with the two bells on top and a hammer in between... so where does oil go into the air compressor at? besides the hole you put the freon/oil in, I'm tryin to oil the back of the compressor (some dude at autozone told me)

[ September 26, 2003: Message edited by: Speedin96 ]</p>
    96 3.8L V6 Camaro 5-Speed<br />Vroom Vroom<br />No Power Doors / No Power Locks<br />Removed Jack and Spare<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mikerob283\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain - Mikerob283</a>

are you talking about the a/c compressor?
    1995 Firebird 3.4L<br /><a href=\"http://kansas.no-ip.com/\" target=\"_blank\">My Site</a>

Comment

eh....before you go pourin engine oil into that thing and have to end up buying a new compressor go and get the right oil, its clear, you have to discharge your system...which Im guessing you dont have the tools to do, then remove the compressor and all the lines going to it, and fill em....you shouldnt need to fill that thing though, you may just need a new compressor ;)

edit; even if you do manage to discharge the system and having freon blown in you face...(done it before)... you wont be able to recharge it properly...so just have someone do it for you ;)

[ September 27, 2003: Message edited by: nikon ]</p>

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X