Swapping a ds...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swapping a ds...

Hi... i was just given a 1 pc steel driveshaft off a car with 40000miles on it. Is there anything else I need to replace on my 97(65000miles) when doing the swap for my 2pc, or just the DS?

thanks...
    1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

I was under the impression it was pretty much just a drop in job.
    1997 Cayenne Red Metallic Camaro<br />3.8 V6 M5<br />SLP Cold Air Intake<br />Ceramic Coated Pacesetter Headers <br />Flowmaster American Thunder Catback<br />Full 3.42 & Disc Break Rear End Swap

Comment

it would help if you are double jointed. the top bolt for the bracket holding the carrier bearing is a major PITA. if you have a 2" extension swivel it would really help. the best way i found to get it off is to use a long ratchet, slip your socket over the bolt, slide the ratchet up parallel to and above the d/s and then slip that onto the socket. other than that, its 4 bolts at the rear end and two bolts holding the bracket at the carrier bearing. the front slips out of the tranny and the new one slips in. make sure you have something down to catch tranny fluid as it leaks out while your swapping shafts. other than that, it should go pretty well.
      \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Thanks!
        1997 silver Camaro RS<br />|T-Type Powered|<br /><a href=\"http://www.kwfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Looking for a local F-Body club in K/W, Ontario, Canada?</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X