anyone runnin a under drive crank pulley and not the alt pulley? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone runnin a under drive crank pulley and not the alt pulley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone runnin a under drive crank pulley and not the alt pulley?

i cant find a belt in the right size for a set of under drive pulleys and !A/C .... so i was just going to run the crank pulley and use the stock alt pulley.. is anyone having troubles charging with a stock alt pulley and a underdrive crank pulley?
    -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

www.ammperformance.com has the belt for ASP pulleys. Look under this months special or under external engine. I didnt install my set yet, but on ASP website it says that with crank and alt pulley full charge comes at 1100 rpm, so i guess you can't run A/C and lights while idling.

Comment

I have a question that fits in this category. Since my A/C doesn't currently work, and has NEVER worked very well anyway, despite the efforts of many determined technicians, if I rerouted the belt to not include the compressor, would I pick up any noticeable power or efficiency?

DK

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Devilsy2k:
        www.ammperformance.com has the belt for ASP pulleys. Look under this months special or under external engine. I didnt install my set yet, but on ASP website it says that with crank and alt pulley full charge comes at 1100 rpm, so i guess you can't run A/C and lights while idling.<hr></blockquote>

that belt will go around the AC compressor too.. that is what im trying to avoid..

so i put the stock alt pulley on the car, and the under drive crank, got a belt to fit, then i fired it up and drove around for a while.. it runs fine.

darknight, i didnt notice much of an improvement at all from the under drive pullies and no AC , so i doubt runnin a short belt would do much of anything at all
        -Aaron, AKA ATL2001<br />93 3.4L <br /><a href=\"http://www.ilfba.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ilfba.com</a>

Comment

Interesting. Of course, I'll probably try it anyway, haha. [img]smile.gif[/img]

DK

Comment

On a different note, I suppose removing the compressor would make some room for a supercharger...if only I had the cash!

DK

Comment

more room, and weight reduction... cant go wrong there...

Comment

Very true. Only problem is...I have a FWD, so I kinda need weight up front, but I don't need unnecessary weight...

I'm working on a solution to that though. My car is equipped with a rear load leveling system operated by an air compressor up front. If I rig the compressor to be manually activated, I can raise the rear of the vehicle, and put maximum weight on the front for good traction at takeoff.

You guys have it so good with your RWDs! If my car were a RWD standard(and a good bit lighter), I'd give yall some trouble. ;)

DK

Comment

I fixed the compressor by wiring in a manual switch from the fusebox. It hadn't been getting a constant voltage, which made it switch on/off so quickly.

Guess I'll be keeping the compessor!
                  DK

[ July 08, 2003: Message edited by: Darknight ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    3 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X