Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zmax? Any good

http://www.zmax.com/index.cfm

Saw this in the store the other day. Anyone have any thoughts?

Don't use it. I read a while back that they had a lawsuit filed against 'em because all it was was colored mineral oil, screwed some people's cars up I believe...
    \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

2nd that, do a search on the net, you'll find all bad stuff (except for the hoopla from the actual company), it supposidly makes certain parts of your engine wear out very quickly.

dude, if it sounds too good to be true, it is...
      97 camaro<br />black, 5 speed, t-tops, rockford fosgate cd w/4X6.5\" rockford speakers, 3\" flowmaster american thunder catback with 3\" carsound cat, SLP CAI, B&M Ripper w/leather Hurst shift knob, 5% tint.<br /> <a href=\"http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100\" target=\"_blank\">http://camaroz28.cardomain.com/id/ianwells100</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by ianwells100:
        if it sounds too good to be true, it is...<hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

-Marc
        sigpic

Comment

I work at Advance Auto...I have had mechanics come in and swear by it. They have torn into engines, rebuilt without getting rid of all the carbon buildups and oil deposits....and they run ZMAX...then a few months later, and a few bottles later...they look again, and they have been nothing but impressed. Smell the stuff, it's not mineral oil. Until you people use it yourself, don't bash it just because you read about a guy who only saw a 1 mpg increase in mileage.

Some people are already seeing as good gas mileage as their car is capable of, yet they will bash a product if it doesn't give them more.
          <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Thats why the Federal Trade Commission have a suit against 'em?
            'The agency alleges that enhanced performance claims for the product are unsubstantiated, that tests cited to support performance claims actually demonstrated that motor oil treated with zMax produced more than twice as much bearing corrosion than motor oil alone, and that the three different products - an engine additive, a fuel line additive and a transmission additive - were all actually tinted mineral oil.'

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.htm
            \'97 Pontiac Firebird A4 3.08/open<br />Best 60ft.: 2.411 Best 1/8: 10.262 @ 69.726 Best 1/4: 15.941 @ 87.48<br />Mods: SLP CAI, Loudmouth, Test Pipe

Comment

I have heard form many about bearing corrosion, f-body boards and others... either way its crap, 2-3 bad reviews should be enough to steer clear.

Comment

I wouldn't put it in my engine [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
                - Ryan<br /> A.K.A BATMAN<br /> \"Be part of the solution...<br /> Not the problem\"

Comment

I've used Zmax in 3 different cars (including my bird) and all all gained gas milage. However, I didn't see any power increase, and in my MR2 I did spin a bearing, but I think it was my fault (it was eating oil and I let it get low a few times to often) So, bottom line, I like the fuel treatment, and the oil treatment wasn't super human, like they said.

Treb
                  SLP CAI, Flow Master exhaust, Pace Setter ceramic coated Headers, Hi-Flo CAT, Stage 1 clutch, Posi rear end, 180 thermo, Edelbrock C/O front H/D rear shocks... More to come.

Comment

"This case is the latest in a series of FTC law-enforcement initiatives targeting unsubstantiated claims made by auto additive manufacturers. The FTC previously halted allegedly deceptive advertising by the marketers of Dura Lube, Motor Up, Prolong, Valvoline, Slick 50, and STP, other major brands of engine treatment products."

Raise your hand if you still use Valvoline, STP, or Slick50 products. And also, count how many times that write up says allegedly and words of the like. hmmmm.

[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: OneQuickV6 ]</p>
                    <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      3 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X