prices on injectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prices on injectors

Yeah... I was thinking about replacing the injectors untill i saw that it was going to cost me around $600!!!

What the **** man... Autozone sells them for $85 a piece, and advnaced sells them for $100 a piece... This is something i will have to save for a year or something. lol Oh worries me.. haha
    well, i could always knock off a bank or take a lil kids candy. hmmm.. does anyone know of a cheaper place for 6 good injectors? a package deal maybe? or do i just bend over and take it with the 600?

C.Archer
    MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
    http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Why do you need 6?

Comment

Umm, two questions:
      First, why do you want to replace your injectors: is it because you need to, you feel like you need to, you want to, a ricer friend did it, or one is broken?
      Second, do you need to go bigger, smaller, or just get one fixed?
      Third, do you plan on going with stock replacements or something like RC Engineering, and have you considered LT1 / LS1 injectors?

Fourth, are you really, really interested in this? Why can't you just snag a cold air kit or whatever and call it a day. Injectors for us don't do much unless you're using a bunch of nitrous / forced induction. Our computers can be a pain too.

And finally, no, you shouldn't pay $100 each, you should pay about $150 to $200 for a set of 6 or 8, new!
      -Rob
      <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

1) no
        2) no
        3) no
        4) no

the injectors were an option just incase the plaugs and wires didnt fix the whole stuttering of the engine. they are as old as the car, but i could always get the rings replaced. are there any problems with the injectors? i think mine are fine actually, but like i said it was an option and not one that im looking at. and why 6??? well i have a V-6... 6 cylinders. that would explain why i would need 6. plus i was just shocked on the freaking prices of them. where can a man or woman get a set for $150??? besides a year or 10 from now, i'll replace the engine with the LS1 V-8. and get rid of the 3800 II series. and all my friends either own a ford, pontiac, dodge, or chevy. i cant recall.. no wait, i have a friend in ohio that owns a del sol and an accord. but i have big feet, and you know what they say about big feet, they just dont fit with the ricers pedals... Thanks for the info guys

C. Archer
        Ft.Campbell KY
        Air Assault
        MISC: 01 parts. Some interior, T top kit, seats etc.
        http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Comment

If one cylinder is misfireing, and if it happens to be an injector, you'll need only one.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            2 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X