Need some help here guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help here guys

OK here goes. First off for the info. 2001 camaro 3.8 V6 no major modifications just the american thunder cat back, do it yourself manual fan switch, 180 thermostat, SLP CAI, K&N air filter. Symptoms - no service engine light, at full WOT it is as if the car is starving for gas or possibly getting too much fuel. It only does this occasionally. Once in awhile while drivin on the x-way going about 70mph then going full WOT to about 90/100MPH I'll get a quick flash of the service engine light but will quickly disappear. When I try to have the code scanned everything comes up clear, car seems to be running fine on the x-way when this happens. I have already changed the plugs, wires, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, and coils and the symptoms are still there. My guess it would have to be with the fuel supply meaning either the fuel pump or possibly dirty injectors. Wanted to get some of your opinions if possible. By the way there is 67,000 miles on my baby give or take a few hundred. Thanks for any help.

fuel filter!!!
    1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

fuel filter already been changed ... thought I listed it above with everything else

Comment

what octane you using?

run some injector or fuel system cleaner thru it, run your current tank of gas out and go to a different gas station. Maybe you got some bad gas.

Does this happen when the engine has been running for a while, or is it independent of run time? Could have a very slight clog in the cat.
        2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

so let me get this right.....

there is not performance problems just a flashing light?

If thats the case I think its just a computer problem. I would take it in and have the computer wiped and re-flashed. I had that done to mine when the fuel system was acting up. That fixed it. If you have a warrenty take it in, let them figure it out ;)
          White 98 Camaro with t-tops leather and Y87. For more info on mods just ask.<br />1/4=14.9<br />2002 Xterra V6 A4

Comment

it does not matter the length of the time the car has been running or not. It's got me completely confused it happens one time then the next nothing. No warranty so I would like to avoid the costly effect of taking in to the dealership. I did run the last tank of gas completely out before I filled up again and it's still there. For fuel injector cleaner I just added some with the fresh tank of gas yesterday, I don't think it has went through the system completely yet due to me only driving for about 10 miles on a new tank and the symptoms were still there. I didn't think that the cat could have this effect but what the hell I might as well replace that while I'm at it

performance wise it seems the same while driving on the x-way and the SES only flashes a couple of times while at WOT then nothing when I try to pull a code nothing comes up

For octane wise I normally put in 89

[ September 20, 2003: Message edited by: HiArrival ]

[ September 20, 2003: Message edited by: HiArrival ]</p>

Comment

after looking closer at the car I do believe it could possibly be a clogged cat. I just order a bullet muffler to replace the cat with. Hopefully this will kill the problems that I have been having.

Comment

ok guys this is really starting to get me frustrated. I have changed all the filters, pcv valve, coils, plugs, wires, coils, pulled the cat out and replaced it with a bullet muffler along with the o2 sim, ran injector cleaner through a full tank, and the damn problem is still there. If anyone has any ideas please toss it out at me, before I take in to the dealer for a scan.

Comment

are you sure you're not running bosch +2, +4 plugs and that your plugs are gapped correctly? Have you checked for vaacum leaks? Did you reset the computer?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X