To Hypertech or not to Hypertech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Hypertech or not to Hypertech

This is the question I have done a few searches on the site regarding the Hypertech thing a ma jig. Mixed results..I have looked at their site.. Buncha BS I'm looking for RESULTS !
    Anyone use one? I want to know what i'm possibly gonna get out of this investment/scam.
    Thanks
    2000 Camaro-T\'s,Monsoon sound 500w, Stock Duals, K&N air filter, Super Sucker Ram Air, Hypertech PP3, Whisper Lid,Removed MAF screen,For weight reduction tossed Fat Chick to curb. <br /><br /> UP THE IRONS !!!!!!!!!

Hypertech makes a lot of different thingamajigs. But I think the one you're looking for is between the whatchamacalits and the thingamabobs.
    2000 3.8L Firebird, Silver Metallic<br /><br />\"Yes, London. You know, fish, chips, cup o\' tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary f***in\' Poppins, London!!\"

Comment

If you are referring to the Power Programmer my opinion of it is that it is a ggod investment. It works best with CAi and a new exhaust and lower temp. thermostat. Also useful in changing the computer settings if you change tire size, gearinging, etc. If you have an auto. you can change shift points and firmness of shifts. Topspeed limiter can also be removed. I have no problems at all running against new Mustang GTs putting out 280 HP.
      2000 Camaro<br />SLP CAI<br />Whisper Air lid<br />Flowmaster cat-back<br />Ripper shifter<br />MSD plugwires w/ NGK V-power plugs<br />Hypertech power programmer w/ 180 thermostat<br />Sub-frame connectors<br />Tubular LCAs<br />J&M Panhard bar

Comment

I will be totally honest about the hypertech power programmer. Its an OK investment. I bought mine thinking I would see some god aweful increase in power, and to reset my new shift points and gear ratio. First off, I saw no power gain with the programmer. Before the HPP3 I would run 9.9 - 10.1 at the track consistantly (1/8th mile track) on 87 oct gas. I installed the HPP3 using the high oct adjust of 93 oct and I still ran 9.9 - 10.1 consistantly, so I saw no benifit in the 1/8th mile track. I have not ran my car on a 1/4 mile track, so there might be a difference and the HPP3 might help out. Second, i switched my gears to 3.73(s) from 3.42(s), I thought the HPP3 would work to change that gear ratio, but it DOES NOT. It only goes up to 3.42 and thats it. Now it does help with adjusting rev limiter, removing your speedo, and best of all with the gear change I was able to adjust shift points somewhat so it shifts a lot better with the new gears, than without. Overall I would give it a rating of 5 out of 10. Thats my honest opinion on the matter. Was it worth the 250 I paid for the unit, YES, just to remove my speedo, and to adjust my shift points, it earned its money spent. Have any questions ask.
        !!!TOWN IDIOT!!!

Comment

I've read on this board that they're useless. Only worked for removing the speedo.
          <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

Piece of ****, search for ALL my posts.
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

only worth it for fan temps, and speedo recalibration.

Thats all i use mine for.

Ryan.
              1998 Ws6 Ta M6 #370 Bright Red<br />Custom \"NX\" style switch panels $35<br />Plug in fan switches $50 <br />SLP lid, Pro 5.0, Corsa, Custom Fan switch<br />....vortech waiting to be installed.

Comment

I just bought one, and awhile ago I posted a question about my A4 not wanting to down shift properly. Once I hyperteched it and adjusted the shift points it feels pretty dam good. Im glad I bought it, I think you will be to. Engine overall feels a little stronger and shifts better. I need to purchase a 180* or 160* thermo to take full advantage.
                My opinion: its a good buy, especially for an A4.
                Shane

After some more tinkering I am so glad I bought this. It changed the whole feel of my car. I love it. Definately a good buy for $200!

[ September 29, 2003: Message edited by: snatch ]</p>
                00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

Comment

WOOOO HOOOOO Im loving the maro right now, Ive burned a quarter of a tank since I programmed it. I cant say enough, Im not sure what you guys didnt like about this thing.
                  I cant wait to dyno this thing, I can tell it really flattened out my curves
                  Shane

[ September 29, 2003: Message edited by: snatch ]</p>
                  00 Pewter Y87 Camaro-SS Hood/Chrome rims, Black Halos, Clear corners, Pacesetters, V8 K&N FIPK, 3\" B&B TriFlow, HPP3, MSD Coils, Taylor wires, Transgo stage II, Edge 3000 Stall, 180* thermo, SLP Bowtie Grill<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/468763/1/\" target=\"_blank\">Carro</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X