Temperature Gauge Problem !!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Gauge Problem !!!!

These are the symptons of my car: The temperature gauge is dead, then fans are runnig all the time, and the SES light is on. Does anyone know how to fix that? Is it a fuse thing?
    Thanks for any help.
    2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

Well -- the SES light is on, so I'd get it scanned and go from there. I have a feeling its a bad water temp sender [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Mustangs.. Come to the darkside...<br /><br />The dark side is the path to the shadow of greed. =D

Comment

I was able to fix this problem by following the steps in this thread I found; it resets something in the computer (I guess) by removing a couple of fuses.
      http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...c;f=1;t=005581

However, the problem is back again, obviously I'll be able to fix it but, does anyone know why this is happening again?
      Thanks

[ February 27, 2006, 05:34 PM: Message edited by: Georghino ]
      2002 Arctic White Firebird W68<br />Installed: FTRA, Carbon Fiber Whisper Lid, K&N Filter, Transgo Shift Kit, Corvette Servo, 160º Thermostat.<br />Appearance: Potenzas RE750 245\'s, 3M Tint 20% All Around, Clear Corners.<br />FOR SALE: HPP3

Comment

Your 160stat is tripping the coolant thermostat code--it's either 126 or 138, I can't remember. You have to have the code deleted by someone with a tuner.

g
        2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

This is a common problem with newer V6s (01-02) when using a 160° thermostat. You need to install an 18KΩ resistor into your IAT sensor and it'll go away.

The original thread when Dominic discovered it:
          http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...c;f=1;t=008175

Sample:
          http://www.installuniversity.com/ins...ricker_mod.htm

[ February 27, 2006, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

those or it could broken ;) thats what it was when my thermostat gauge wasnt working lol. just get it replaced
            2001 camaro a4 SOM vert <br />3800 series II <br />flowmasters american thunder <br />3.42 gears<br /><br />its not fast but i drive it like a natural beast

Comment

Originally posted by $*Blake*$:
              those or it could broken ;) thats what it was when my thermostat gauge wasnt working lol. just get it replaced
              He's got an 02 with a 160° thermostat which means this exact problem is expected. It worked when he reset the computer, but stopped shortly thereafter. Not only does the gauge stop, but the fans turn on and the SES light triggers. It's not broken, he just needs the resistor/tune. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Matt
              Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Thanks for the help, however, I replaced the thermostat more than a year ago (tuned it using the HPP3) and I never had any problems until this last week. Do you guys still think I need to use the resistor? could it be something else?
                Also, after I reset the computer the first time (last week), was I supposed to reprogram the computer using the HPP3.
                Thanks for your help.

Comment

You don't need to reprogram after the reset, it just erases the stuff it's learned.

If you don't have that resistor, you need to do it. Why it didn't cause it before, I don't know...but this is what happens when you don't have it.
                  Matt

Comment

lol jk about my post then
                    2001 camaro a4 SOM vert <br />3800 series II <br />flowmasters american thunder <br />3.42 gears<br /><br />its not fast but i drive it like a natural beast

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      4 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X