Descreen 97?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Descreen 97?

Alright, I did a search and have heard different things from different people. This question is for owners of 96-97's. Should I descreen the MAF, or leave it? Will I have any problems? Thanks.
    94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

you must not have read the important parts of the threads, then!

the CONSENSUS is that descreening the angled throttle body (95-98) is a bad idea and that descreening the straight throttle body (99+) has no harmful effects.

Comment

i had mine out for over a year with no problems, but when i rebiult the motor and with the biger cam i had to put it back in
      www.turbov6camaro.com
      1997 3800 Series II Camaro
      4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
      7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
      11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

If you have an A4, I STRONGLY suggest you leave it in. With mine out after the FRA mod, it caused the tranny to surge in and out of lock up, causing a bouncing type RPM upon deceleration.

There is hardly no gain and in fact, I LOST torque by removing the maf screen. By the way, I have a 99. Read through the induction articles on this site and it explains why the MAF screen is good, and what it does.

Here is my dyno numbers, run TWO AND THREE are WITH OUT the MAF screen.

http://hometown.aol.com/fredless1/images/freddyno.jpg
        -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

Thanks guys, good info. I'll keep it in I guess.
          94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

Comment

I just took mine out for the second time and I am going to leave it out this time. I dont see anything bad with it out my exhaust sounds deeper without it and it runs the same if not better. the first time I took it out I got a lean code so I put it back in. but no code this time.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X