Just a 3.8 Question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a 3.8 Question..

Is there any difference between a 95-97 3.8 and a 99 - 02 3.8 besides the intake, and tubular manifolds? Just curious is all. Thanks.
    94 Firebird 3.4 - RIP<br />97 Firebird 3.8 - In the works

er... a few things.. i dunno... all i know is that it is a lot easier to get at my spark plugs now :D
    99 WS6
    13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
    tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

How so? And how many people does it take for you to change spark plugs on your car? It takes two for me lol?
      Mods:<br />SLP Cold Air Induction<br />Flowmaster Exhaust<br />3.23 to 3.42 gear ratio<br /><br />White 1997 Camaro RS 5spd

Comment

er my 96 fbird was a PITA to get at the plugs. i had to get under the car and work around the kmember and such. it took hours. Now with my 02 camaro, i can just reach in through the top and unscrew'em and its easy as sunday pie :D , it never has taken me more than one person to change my plugs.
        99 WS6
        13.25@104.97 - Lid + soon to be more other stock items ;D

Originally posted by camaroextra
        tears are great lube, but its hard to get a girl to cry onto her own ***.

Comment

Plugs aren't a problem for me, because I feel like once I've changed them in a Corsica 3.1, I can change any plugs. PITA, never buy a 3.1.

Comment

I couldnt get around the exhaust manifolds for the middle plugs. The rest were easy. I had to be underneith guiding the socket while someone else was holding it for me above. It was just too hard to get a hand and a socket in that area.
            Mods:<br />SLP Cold Air Induction<br />Flowmaster Exhaust<br />3.23 to 3.42 gear ratio<br /><br />White 1997 Camaro RS 5spd

Comment

for 97 there was an imporved harmonic balancer. 99+ got the drive by wire intake manifold, and 00+ got the tubular manifolds...

but aside from there, there haven't been any MAJOR diffrence i dont think
              2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

Originally posted by navyblue2000:
                for 97 there was an imporved harmonic balancer. 99+ got the drive by wire intake manifold, and 00+ got the tubular manifolds...

but aside from there, there haven't been any MAJOR diffrence i dont think
                Thanks, just the info I was looking for. [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X