damn blinker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn blinker

my left front blinker will occasionally go out. The back one will stay on steady when I turn the blinker on, but the front one does nothing. I think there must be 2 bulbs in there because when my headlights are on the orange running light is on but is alot dimmer than the passenger side. I would replace the bulb if it didn't work all the time, the problem is, is it comes and goes at will
    Is this possibly an electrical problem? or is the bulb going out? maybe it's not getting enough power therefore running dim.
    I dunno
    got any help?
    millionformarriage.org

Why stop people from getting married?

Why not eliminate the easy things first? Replace the bulbs, since that is probably what it is and it should cost less than $5.00.
    Black 1995 3.4 V6 Pontiac Firebird<br />17 X 9 O.Z Competition Wheels<br />CAI - Home Made<br />Catback - JC Whitney with a Walker Quiet-flow Muffler.<br />Jet Stage II PCM

Comment

Sounds like your low on blinker fluid. Check that before you do anything.
      <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by camaro_speedemon:
        Sounds like your low on blinker fluid. Check that before you do anything.<hr></blockquote>

OH GEEZ!!!
        How could I forget BLINKER FLUID??!!
        I'm so stupid
        &lt;bangs head against wall&gt;
        millionformarriage.org

Comment

Sounds like your low on blinker fluid. Check that before you do anything.<hr></blockquote>

Man, ya beat me to it. That's what I was gonna sugguest. You may wanna check the discombobulator too.

Seriously, I would try replacing the bulbs first, then the blinker relays (I think there are two). From there, hope that it's not a wiring problem.
          ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

stupid thing works today, where is the blinker relay at? I want to check that, I think if the bulb was out it would never work, not work occasionally.
            millionformarriage.org

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by LD:
              stupid thing works today, where is the blinker relay at? I want to check that, I think if the bulb was out it would never work, not work occasionally.<hr></blockquote>

Behind the panel underneath the gauges...turn one signal on and you will be able to hear it clicking.
              <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by speedy-v6-camaro:

Behind the panel underneath the gauges...turn one signal on and you will be able to hear it clicking.
                <hr></blockquote>

thanks, I'll check that out tomorrow morning [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                happen to know how much it will cost to replace?
                millionformarriage.org

Comment

Preventive maintenance is the best thing you can do. I just had my blinker fluid filled and my muffler bearings replaced last week. Good to do it before they wear out. ;)
                  <a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/New/IMG_0085.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Black 2002 Camaro M5</a>-SS takeoff muffler, B&M Ripper, K&N Filter, 35/20% tint, Infinity speakers, Viper alarm, perpetually breaking clutch return spring mod. 15.49@90.15<br /><a href=\"http://webpages.charter.net/camarov6/Car%20Pics/P14.JPG\" target=\"_blank\">Pewter 2002 Firebird M5 (Dad\'s Car)</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    2 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X