How do I make my Firebird "meaner"??? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make my Firebird "meaner"???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make my Firebird "meaner"???

Would taking off my catalytic converter make my car sound better or will it make my car backfire. I'm just trying to make my car get that throatier, meaner sound with a V6. I hate that lawn mower sound from the "fast and furious" cars!!!! I already have one of the best exhausts for it. Or would a pair of ceramic headers do the job? Any info on how to make my 3.8 louder & meanier, please reply.
    1999 Firebird <br />Y87 Performance Package<br /><br />Borla exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat and 3\" pipe throughout, RK Sport Headers, K&N air filter, SLP CAI, Whisper Lid, 36 lb Injectors, ATI 3.8 Intercooled Procharger Kit.

Get rid of the air silencer in the intake. If you still have the standard air box cover on your car, get a whisper lid instead. Remove the maf screen also. Get headers, 3" high flow cat and slp loudmouth exhaust for the z28 and have it custom fit to your car.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

No matter what you do it will sound bad at 4-5k Rpms. Happens with all V6's with alot of exhaust work
      Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 97chevycamaro:
        No matter what you do it will sound bad at 4-5k Rpms. Happens with all V6's with alot of exhaust work<hr></blockquote>

how many times do you hit 4-5K rpms on the street?

Comment

Good point, Alot of peoples cars Ive been like to hit those High Rpm marks. Just stating a fact thats all, dont get all bent out odf shape
          Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Excuse me... :rolleyes: But my car sounds beam as hell from idle to redline, no rice here thankyou.
            2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
            Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Wow, you did it right then, you'd been the only one Ive ever heard that sounds good.

Comment

Have you ever heard a v6 on nitrous?
                Drastically changes the sound :D
                Headers and high flow cat makes the sound deeper
                Race car - gone but not forgotten - 1997 firebird V6
                nitrous et & mph: 12.168 & 110.95 mph, n/a 13.746 & 96.38 mph
                2013 Dodge Challenger SRT8: 12.125, 116.45
                2010 Ford Taurus SHO: no times yet

Comment

i just got my cutout welded today... it sounds damn nice at idle and not to bad at 4000..
                  \'01 Arctic White Firebird 5spd <a href=\"http://www.uncon.net/gallery/Upload?page=3\" target=\"_blank\">Totaled</a><br />\'99 Pewter T/A 6spd <a href=\"http://www.uncon.net/gallery/Upload?page=4\" target=\"_blank\">Replacment</a>

Comment

I heard more than 5 v6's with headers and High flow cats plus Borla,Flows, or B&B. They have all sounded like crap after 4k Rpms. Im sure It can be done and I guess Nitros or a Supercharger would help. You just need to figure out a good Combo of items. I think the best I heard was a 99 camaro with B&B, Rk sport headers and High Flow Cat. That sounded great but sounded like crap at about 4500 Rpm but at normal driving he sounded great. Actually the best Ive heard is a 00 Ws6 with Slp loudmouth and a headers and Cat Combo pipe, But thats a whole different story.

Comment

I'm gonna try one of spintech's mufflers. Listen to the 2.8L fiero with one on this site:

http://www.cwestco.com/Exhaust/West_...ler_sound.html

If the 2.8L sounds that good, the 3.8L has to sound even better! Spintech's site is:

http://www.spintechmufflers.com/spin...ntechindex.asp
                      01 Firebird GT <p>3.42 gears, LSD, holley powershot, SLP CAI, whisper lid, 3\" I-pipe, and spintech muffler<p>best 1/8th run: 9.5872 @ 72.48mph with 2.160 60ft<br />best 1/4th run: 15.099 @ 89.15mph with 2.198 60ft<p>Venom VI member #21<p>See my car here:<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/southernoxblood/front.html\" target=\"_blank\">www.geocities.com/southernoxblood/front.html</a>

Comment

if you don't want rice then simply get a dynomax super turbo. no rice at all not even at redline and at wide open throttle!!!!
                        1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 12secondv6:
                          Have you ever heard a v6 on nitrous?
                          Drastically changes the sound :D
                          <hr></blockquote>

describe the sound of a V6 spraying.....

Comment

I got a Ravin moffler whith resonator tips
                            and it sounds great!

[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: 9t9fb ]</p>
                            ~S87 Black 99 Firebird~

Comment

yeah, I heard a few people talking about Spintech, Im gonna look into that too.

Wow-just listen to it on the fiero, thats sounds bad-azz

[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: 97chevycamaro ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X