What does it stand for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does it stand for?

I was reading through a magazine dedicated completely to camaros and it said "to increase your LT1 or TPI engine's horsepower". Does anyone know what LT1 and TPI stands for? Thanks!
    1996 Camaro<br />Nothing special really done yet!

Are you lazy or something, or just thick headed :mad: Lt1 is a type of engine that gm has had for decades, it just goes through renovations when enough new technology is out to increase output while maintaining emmisions. TPI stands for tuned port injection. It is the first and oldest type of fuel injection. If you have a 96 camaro/firebird, you have sfi. SFI stands for sequential fuel injection. If you really want to know the difference, go look it up for yourself. Before asking any more strange questions, try loooking in the firebirdv6.com database or do a search on your topic.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Hey have some patience with a camaro newbe... I want to improve my car's performance and anything I consider reasonable is for the LT1 and TPI....

Comment

hey man, take don't get angry. i was a newbie once as i'm sure you were too. take it easy on the boy

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Patrick Javert:
        Are you lazy or something, or just thick headed :mad: Lt1 is a type of engine that gm has had for decades, it just goes through renovations when enough new technology is out to increase output while maintaining emmisions. TPI stands for tuned port injection. It is the first and oldest type of fuel injection. If you have a 96 camaro/firebird, you have sfi. SFI stands for sequential fuel injection. If you really want to know the difference, go look it up for yourself. Before asking any more strange questions, try loooking in the firebirdv6.com database or do a search on your topic.<hr></blockquote>
        <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

it's not anger at the question...just that a search would've answered the question straight away
          Your sig is the most important part of your message. Make sure that you list EVERY single thing that you have done to your car so that we can all go \'oooh!\' and \'Ah!\'. Please make your sig consistently longer than anything else you post. Please include your lengthy sig with EVERY single post you make during a reply, even if you only reply with a monosyllable grunt.

Comment

I didnt know anything about cars once either. That was when I was in the 6th grade though.
            Dont call me chief.<br /><br />2001 Camaro Convertible Rs Replica<br />1991 Acura Legend

Comment

Technically you would never have to ask a quetion at all cuz you most liley could search everytihng and get the info your self.

Comment

good point
                1998 Sport Metallic Gold Camaro<br />Current Mods<br />AIWA CD/MP3 player<br />Flowmaster exhaust<br />Dual 3.5\" chrome exhaust tips<br />Removed Front Grill<br />Functional RAM AIR, ss-style hood<br />Exhaust Cutout<p>Future Mods:<br />Leather Seats<br />Improved audio system<br />Different wheels<br />Indiglo gauges<p><a href=\"http://hometown.aol.com/saturn2187/\" target=\"_blank\">http://hometown.aol.com/saturn2187/</a>

Comment

who cares its a good question if you dont know the answer welcome new guy!
                  2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

K.. I get the point... I should have searched before posting... We all mistakes... We all learn from them... thanks for all the bring downs

Comment

Hey man be easy on him, don't discourage people from joining the site. Maybe he doesn't know about engines, but he's a electronics whiz or something. Everyone has some knowledge you could use. Although your question got answered, if you want to make your v6 faster check out the modifications encyclopedia, RkSport, or SLP, theres a bunch more, RKSport is a little pricey, but they have a lot of stuff. Good luck man, keep reading posts and you'll learn fast!
                      1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
                      1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by AZ3.8Camaro:
                        Hey man be easy on him, don't discourage people from joining the site. Maybe he doesn't know about engines, but he's a electronics whiz or something. Everyone has some knowledge you could use. Although your question got answered, if you want to make your v6 faster check out the modifications encyclopedia, RkSport, or SLP, theres a bunch more, RKSport is a little pricey, but they have a lot of stuff. Good luck man, keep reading posts and you'll learn fast!<hr></blockquote>

Ya i would hate for people that browse this site read some of these rude comments!

It sets a bad example for us as a community.

He had no idea what it ment so he asked. If you know the answer, post, then refer him to the "search section" and problem is solve.

If the post angerd you, go to another one and dont post.

We all help eachother out on this site, some know more then others, thats y firebirdv6/camarov6.com is such a great site. You come here, post a question, and get a GREAT response in a short amount of time. Great people on this site, great information on this site, and a wonderful learning experience.

As my mother used to say "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all"

Keep all rude comments to urself, just post the facts.

Just my .02
                        <a href=\"http://www.pbase.com/danny83/car_pix\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.pbase.com/danny83/root</a><br /><a href=\"http://community.webshots.com/user/ttopbird96\" target=\"_blank\">http://community.webshots.com/user/ttopbird96</a> [/URL]<br />00 NMB Formula M6<br />323.4HP, 336.5TQ<br />Lid, Filter, Cutout, all else stock :)<p>\"Let the modding begin!\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 96 T-Top Bird:
                          As my mother used to say "If you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all"

Keep all rude comments to urself, just post the facts.
                          <hr></blockquote>

Something to keep in mind, as we Admins are getting less and less tolerant with rude comments. I suggest that everyone re-read the Main page at www.FirebirdV6.com , not this Board page, but the MAIN site page.
                          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

LT1 is an RPO code, and has not been around for decades. LT1 doesn't stand for anything, but denotes a car equipped with the 275 HP 5.7 engine found in 93 - 97 Vettes, T/A's, Formula's, and Z28's. TBI stands for 'Tuned Port Injection,' an injection method found on late 80s early 90s T/As, Formulas, Vettes, and Z28s, to answer your question. [img]smile.gif[/img]
                            Big cam. Big stall. Big nuts.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.streetlethal.net/vids2/joenastycam.MPG\" target=\"_blank\">Idle/Rev Clip.</a>

Comment

I didn't know how to change my oil in 98. I totally understand when new guys ask questions most feel are obvious. I remember posting on z28.com when noone was there. There were 2 threads months old. I made two threads"best intake" and "best exhaust". hehe I can't believe how much the V6 community has grown. Went from 2 guys to over a 1000 in less then 3 years. In the beginning there was a period when I was the only 3.8V6 in the MFBA. Man was I ignorant back then. I knew everything about LT1, but nothing about my own engine. No sources.

This board is a blessing to all the V6 guys. If not for the information here you'd all be lost. Be grateful.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X