abs inop light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abs inop light

it came on all of a sudden when i was comin home from school...i shut off the car and it goes away for a while but comes back...what is causin this?

87 Firebird RIP
    96 Camaro RS RIP
    94 Patriot Red 1LE Z28 - Sold
    02 WS6 TA - Sold

i know this doesnt help but my light on on/off for about 4 months then went off i knew when it wasnt goin to come on because when i started up my car and backed out of my driveway u felt a pulse in the breaks and the light wouldnt be on. there is never a pulse anymore and yes my lightr comes on when i turn the key
    93 3.4 w/K&N FIPK installed 1/13/04

Comment

Well, it could be one of the sensors is messed up or dirty, but the first thing you always check on our cars, is the 3rd brake light. It is part of the whole ABS system, and if it burns out, then it throws a ABS inop light. Try that first. Good luck. ;)
      Jordan<br />15.09@90.7<br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=21\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 Camaro 3.4 M5</b></a>

Comment

i read somewhere that a kink in the ABS cables can cause the light to come on/off frequently.
        1996 Pontiac <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a> <br />Black, 3.8L A4

Comment

Mine will come on for like 5 seconds whenever I hit a bad pothole..??

Comment

Your alternator could be going out. That light came on in my car and about a week later the alt. went out. Check it out.
            1996 Firebird-Y87:SLP Cold Air Intake,Y87 Perf. Package: 3.42 Gears w/ Zexel-Torsen LSD, Sport Steering(14.4:1 ratio), Dual Exit Exhaust,800 watt Pioneer Amp and Two 10\' subs with a custom trunk enclosure.

Comment

have you done any work on the rear end lately?
              Mine came on after I changed the carrier/gears and did not replace the reluctor ring. It stayed on for about fifty miles then went away after I decided to "test" the abs. If your abs light is on, but not your brake light, you might have lost just the abs and you can still drive like this( just adjust braking habits for no abs).

Comment

Might sound silly, but when my 3rdbrake light went out, it casue the light to come on. So you might check that also, a quick moneyless idea.
                Purple \'95 A4 RS...Totaled in \'03 23,000 on her :( Red \'95 Camaro M5...A Few Goddies!<br />84 Chevy 6.2L Diesel 4x4 10in. lift 38x15.50\'s<br /><a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/heartland_heat_v6\" target=\"_blank\">Heartland Heat V6</a>&lt;~Member

Comment

check your bulbs and fuses first, then go from there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X