Y81 Pkg? Mainly 2000+ Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y81 Pkg? Mainly 2000+ Models

That is what I have on my door. It says it's the merchandised pkg.(whatever that is)in the tech database. It also have GU6(3.42 gears)and G80(LSD) on my door also. Don't see W68 neither, but I have Duals, ground effects, etc. Does anyone else have this with the other two codes in their door? I wonder why GM just didn't put Y87 in the door.

[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: shortdog273 ]</p>
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

It was common to see some of the newer models with G80 as well as GU6 and still not be considered Y87. In fact your car has everything the Y87 has except for uplevel steering. That is wierd that it doesn't have W68 listed. I believe Y81 refers to the regular v6 suspension parts, but I am not positive. I know my car has Y81 on it also.

Comment

How do you know it doesn't have uplevel or sport steering? Is it a code on my door to look for that specifies it? It has everything else.

Comment

The Y87 package comes with the fast ratio steering. I don't know if that's available as a separate option, though. My sticker has the GU6, G80, and Y87 on it. Can't help with the W68, though.
        Wife and a dog, they both think they\'re Kujo.<br /> <br />1999 3.8 A4 Y87<br />Navy Blue Metallic<br />BFG G-Force KDWS 275/40/17s, <br />WS6 Wheels (17x9)<br />Phoenix Transmissions 2400 Stall Converter<br />FRA, Holley Powershot filter, Whisper Lid, Ported Throttlebody<br />2000 manifolds, Flowmaster, WS6 Tail Pipes, <br />MSD 8.5mm Wires, MSD Coils, Autolite plugs<br />Performance Cryogenics treated rotors<br />1LE Sway Bars and panhard rod, 1LE front springs w/SLP Bilsteins, stock rear springs w/ 3rd Gen Bilsteins, BMR STB, KBDD SFCs, 1LE rear lower control arms, 1LE front lower control arms<p>1968 Chevelle Malibu 327 TH350

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:
          How do you know it doesn't have uplevel or sport steering? Is it a code on my door to look for that specifies it? It has everything else.<hr></blockquote>

No, there is no code for the V8 steering rack, so you might have it.
          Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

W68 is the Firebird Sport Appearance Package.

[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: 6Banger ]</p>
            Pewter 2002 Z28 M6<br />Black \'98 Camaro 3.8 M5 (Gone)<br />Silver \'97 Camaro Conv. 3.8 A4 (Girlfriend\'s)

Comment

not sure, but would it be possible for the dealership to add the W68 package and not put the code on the door?

[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: Firebrd9783 ]</p>
              Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

is the sport steering stuff the reason why my car is so hard to turn at a slow speed compared to any other car ive driven lately?
                <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Firebrd9783:
                  not sure, but would it be possible for the dealership to add the W68 package and not put the code on the door?

[ March 08, 2002: Message edited by: Firebrd9783 ]
                  <hr></blockquote>

Yes. Scroll up and read my first post.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X