Is my thermostat bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is my thermostat bad?

I have the hypertech 160* thermo, but i've had it for a few years now. Lately Ive noticed my temp gauge rising close to the mid mark. I havent seen it rise that far since before the 160* stat.
    A couple months ago I installed a fan switch to help this, but I hate relying on that. Id rather know that my car is keeping as cool as possible without needed additional help.

Ive never done a coolant flush, (dont know what all that's about), and from what I can tell both fans are still working properly.

What could this be?

Thanks
    Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

This same problem has been happening to me lately. I've had the 160 stat in for about 4,000 miles now and when I installed it I did the radiator flushout. For the past 2-3 weeks it has been running around the half way mark (temp) or higher. Sometimes I'll put my A/C on to kick on the fan, somtimes the temp will drop and somtimes it won't. Help!
    1999 Black Trans Am A4<br /> <br />-Flowmaster with Flowtech Cutout <br />-SLP Lid <br />-SLP MAF <br />-Ported Heads, hardened pushrods<br />-Diable Sport Programming<br />-18\' ZO6 Polished rims

Comment

thats because your car is designed to operate at 195 im sure that has something to do with there are some good articles going around about why you should add a 160 to your car
      2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

SHOULDNT lol sorry
        2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by chevcamaro18:
          thats because your car is designed to operate at 195 im sure that has something to do with there are some good articles going around about why you should add a 160 to your car<hr></blockquote>

yeah, ive read those. but immediatly after installing the 160 my car ran (and ran for years) at no greater than 170*!! i loved it. its just that for the past 1000 miles or so, I noticed the temp has been rising. i know our cars are designed to run at around 190, but the computer doesnt control the thermostat or the flow of the water/coolant for that matter. it controls the cut on/off of the fans.

(we really need a re-programmer!!)
          Justin<br />1998 Camaro Z28 M6<br />1985 Pontiac Fiero M5<br />1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />AIM: FTBvideo<br />\"Music\'s what I need to keep my sanity!\" --S.A Martinez, 311

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X