My automatic window roll down don't work, why? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My automatic window roll down don't work, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My automatic window roll down don't work, why?

You know How on the camaros with power windows you just tap the button once and the driver side window goes down? Mine don't. It goes all the way down when I hold it in the whole time, however it doesn't do it automaticly. Anyone know why, or how I can fix it? My car is a 97 rs vert. Thanks in advance.
    1997 Camaro RS Convertible<br />White w/black top, factory chrome rims <p>Mods so far: Borla catback, Catco high flow cat,CAI,2 point STB,painted calipers and drums with caliper camaro decals,GTS blackout all the around,5% tinted windows all the way around,Streetglow red neon lights inside and under, raised camaro fill in decals on the rear, 30th anv decals, and a nice stereo system<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=275528\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=275528</a>

my guess is some one replaced your window motor before you, firebirds/camaroe are notoriouse for the window motors dying. Jus the type of motor that was bought doesnt have that feature..

thats my guess..ive replaced both window motors by this time, my motor does have the auto roll down.
    97 Firebird <br />Flowmaster series 80 Muffler,<br />3\" Highflow Cat, <br />3\" CatBack, <br />20% Tints All around.<br />2.5\" dual out (soon quad stainless steel-from fasttoys)

Comment

has anyone ever replaced the window motors their selves? if u have how hard was it cuz i have the motors now, And has anyone payed a place to do it: how much was it???
      Camaro 95 3.4L M5<br />Flowmaster 80srs<br />Catco High Flo Cat<br />Slp CAI<br />Prime wheels

Comment

you can get a used window motor from car-part.com or from ebay for around 40-50 and get it intalled for less than 50 bucks..

total per window should run you less than 90$

i had to replace both of them when i purchased the car.
        97 Firebird <br />Flowmaster series 80 Muffler,<br />3\" Highflow Cat, <br />3\" CatBack, <br />20% Tints All around.<br />2.5\" dual out (soon quad stainless steel-from fasttoys)

Comment

90 for 1 window or 90 for both???
          Camaro 95 3.4L M5<br />Flowmaster 80srs<br />Catco High Flo Cat<br />Slp CAI<br />Prime wheels

Comment

i got a link to a guy that put instructions on the web on how to do it ur self in a f-body, if ya want it.

later,
            Johnny M. <br />Black 95 3.8l CAMARO A4<br />Enough mods.....for now, hehehe!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jpmabasa\" target=\"_blank\">My RIDE</a><br />\"I promise, it IS a v6!\"

Comment

I did mine. It took 2 hours, a screwdriver, and a rivet gun. But... the problem with the auto down feature is not in the window motor. The module for that is in the dash.
              \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

here's the link for you guys that wanted it!

its REAL good, its got pics to go along with each step!

http://home.swbell.net/shoebox/windowmotor.html

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
                later,
                Johnny M. <br />Black 95 3.8l CAMARO A4<br />Enough mods.....for now, hehehe!<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jpmabasa\" target=\"_blank\">My RIDE</a><br />\"I promise, it IS a v6!\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  5 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  3 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X