Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• argh @ my car!!!!!

More problems

It seems to studder at full throttle around 50mph and sometimes it wont shift (A4) ... Have an appointment to the shop on the 22nd but I can barely drive it now.

I'm really starting to have problems with my car. I can afford the repairs but I would much rather spend my money on something else.

I need to save money for that Formula/Trans Am by the end of the summer. I can't keep wasting my money on stupid shiz for this car!
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rant off
    [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img]
    *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Ya know to be quite honest...since ive taken the MAF screen out of my car it tends to shudder every now and again ESPECIALLY on freeway runs. I dunno if thats similiar to your problem but ya never know.
    2001 Black S10 Xtreme 4.3L A4<br />*RedLineVSix*<br />\"Throwin sparks, draggin frame\"

Comment

i still got my maf in...
      *MATT* <p>98 Camaro SS #1767 A4<br />Artic White<br />Not stock...<p>Former car:<br />96 Firebird Y87 A4<br />Bright Red<br />Wasn\'t stock...

Comment

First jsut try to reset the PCM, more then once a member has had screwy problems like this, reset the PCM and then problems go away.

hmm... is it ignition related?

when was the last itme your ignition was replaced, when was the last time oyu did your fuel filter, ever run a fuel cleaner through the car.

Any chances this has been happening only since your last fill up?

Comment

check for loose knock sensors or bad plugs/wires at 50mph sounds like a possible plug/wire problem

Knock sensor failure will also cause your symptoms. I suppose lots of things will cause the problem.

Comment

Looks like this kinda went the way of trying to find out what the deal is, so Im going to try to see if there are any more ideas in the GENERAL TECH section.
            Good luck with the findings, and I hope that you can get it figured out here pretty quick.

here
            we
            go!!------&gt; [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]

Comment

Mine did that when my spark plugs went out. Car was shaking real bad.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MustangEater8251:
                First jsut try to reset the PCM, more then once a member has had screwy problems like this, reset the PCM and then problems go away.

hmm... is it ignition related?

when was the last itme your ignition was replaced, when was the last time oyu did your fuel filter, ever run a fuel cleaner through the car.

Any chances this has been happening only since your last fill up?
                <hr></blockquote>

Actually yes. PLMK what to do. I filled it up one morning and as soon as i started the car back up it came on...

thanks and lmk any info

:D

Comment

If it happened right after you filled it up, it could be water in the gas. Problem is with gas prices rising people go to cheaper gas stations, fuel is not always the same fuel everywhere. Think the gas companies would not take the chance to rip off the public by not making the gas as pure as possible. Best bet is its a bad tank of gas. You might want to try a gas treatment, think like $0.97 at an autostore, or water remover, either way you may jsut want ot wait till you use up the gas and put mroe in, maybe even just use up half the tank and fill it up agian. Its jsut a possibility.

I have gotten a bad tank of gas before, and my car ran like absolute *** , barely made it down the road at times. Soon as I put more gas in it worked fine.

Comment

Oh....thats not the case...ive had a few tanks of gas from diff. places since

ive had this problem for a few weeks..just getting worse

going to the shop on the 22nd.

:mad:

Comment

yea, it definately does sound like plugs/wires. at 50 the car is usually in overdrive. so that puts a huge load on the engine, and it starts to misfire. mine did that forever. it could also be your coil packs, too.
                      \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X