any trics to boosting oil pressure? (pressure a little low for comfort) - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

any trics to boosting oil pressure? (pressure a little low for comfort)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any trics to boosting oil pressure? (pressure a little low for comfort)

alright my pressure is reading a little lower hten before, at WOT, when engine is warmed up its barely getting to the halfway mark on the guage, and sometimes when its pretty warm it goes about 35-40% of the guage at WOT. Its idling above the red, I am jsut looking for anyting to prolong the me having to change the oil pump(what I am assuming hte problem is).

I am autoXing it tomorrow, and thats it for race evne5ts for a bit, time to baby the car for a awhile. I was starting to plan out putting a junkyard tranny in over the summer and replace the front and rear main seals, maybe do a cam, and maybe a port and polish, but wither way I want to do the head gaskets, and redo a bunch of a swals all over the motor at once. 8, almost 9 years and 114k on a $13k brand new in 94 car, it might be expected for some stuff to start going out.

But like I said I am waiting for summer when i have more time.

so far all I have heard is Lucas oil stabilizer, but I am having toruble locating it, even online. I am ready to try anything, jsut give me some recomendations, i'll even try that motor up crap you see on tv, if i get some first hand knowledge.

U can get the lucas oil stuff at autozone i see it there all the time so order off of autozone.com or something
    <b><a href=\"http://www.sick-sixx.com\" target=\"_blank\">SICK-SIXX MEMBER</a></b><br />NA 14.345 with a 1.863 60 foot<br />Nitrous 13.03@99.5 with a 1.63 60 foot<br /><br />2000 Camaro 3.8L A4: USE TO HAVE Comp Cam 210/220 .535/.547 113lsa 111 I/C, Port and Polished Heads, NX Wet Kit 100 Shot, CPRA made by CP, RK Sport Headers

Comment

i had the same problem. i tryed all that additive crap but none of it worked. couple weeks ago i installed a derale oil cooler and my pressure is up over the half mark and it stays there hot or cold. :D
      98 camaro 3.8 (THE PUNISHER)<p>JET STAGE II/B&M SHIFT PLUS/TAYLOR WIRES/SLP LOUDMOUTH w-3\" s- pipe/SLP CAI/SS MESH GRILLE/160 STAT/DERALE OIL COOLER<br />FLEXALITE TRANS COOLER/ 3.42-ZEXEL-TORSEN/KONIG MONSOON & KUHMO TIRES/MANUAL FAN SWITCH/1le sway bars & poly/KYB AGX SHOCKS/H&R SPRINGS/LS1 ALUMINUM DRIVE SHAFT/rk sport headers<p>WAITING FOR INSTALL:ssm heads,cam,3 angle valves/trans go shift kit

Comment

First it could just be your gauge... maybe its not 100% accurate. Second when the dealership replaced my alternator they broke my oil assending unit off ( dont ask me how) but they replaced that and my oil pressure gauge ran about 20 psi higher and has stayed like that. Its like a $12 part and takes all of 10 minutes to put in i would try that. Hope this will help a litle.
        AIS 2 OHH the memories... Great times and putting names with faces.<p>From \"interesting\" hooters waitress(Did you guys FLY ? ) to pissing BMW owners off on the ride home. To ending up in Philidelphia and USING (hahaha) an ice machine. I had a BLAST.<p>Thanxs to all that showed up!!

Comment

Like Slacker69 said. Lucas. That stuff is great. I even used their transmission fluid/sealer on my explorer the other day and it worked great. I used the lucus oil on my 3rd gen camaros when I had them too. Plan on using it regulary on my 97 rs vert as soon as I finish getting it together.
          1997 Camaro RS Convertible<br />White w/black top, factory chrome rims <p>Mods so far: Borla catback, Catco high flow cat,CAI,2 point STB,painted calipers and drums with caliper camaro decals,GTS blackout all the around,5% tinted windows all the way around,Streetglow red neon lights inside and under, raised camaro fill in decals on the rear, 30th anv decals, and a nice stereo system<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=275528\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=275528</a>

Comment

I just oput in a quart of Lucas with my last oil change too!!! They have it at many parts stores, Advance included for like $6.99, and I have been very happy with my so far. My pressure was very simiklar to yours, but is pretty consistant now.
            <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X