weird sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird sound

everytime i make a right hand turn my car makes a weird noise, it happens when i am comin out of the turn and makin the wheel straight, it sounds like a knock, just happens once each time, i turn come out of it and KNOCK! its louder sometimes then others but im lost, what do u think it might be?
    *1997 Camaro v6 3.8*<br />President of NorCal Sinister Six

Possibly your CV Joint?
    -Kevin<br /><a href=\"http://heinz.no-ip.com/Car%20Pics/IM000117.JPG\" target=\"_blank\"><b>\'96 White Camaro RS M5</b></a> <br />GTP Shortblock - T3/T4 -6psi Intercooled<br />Open Downpipe

Comment

Originally posted by asdf1234:
      Possibly your CV Joint?
      Camaros don't have CV joints, they're RWD, not FWD cars. [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

It sounds like you've got a worn ball joint on your car, or loose lugnuts on your wheel, or perhaps your strut bolts are loose, or your steering knuckles are loose from your a-arms.

Start with the ball joint on the steering knuckle and work from there.
      2001 Camaro, 3.8 v6. Five speed. Red. SLP Torque arm, SLP CAI, adj. panhard bar, lcas, eibach springs, 3.73 gears and Zexel-Torsen T-2 LSD.

Comment

Make sure you tranny mount bolts are all tight...mine had a similar problem and one of my tranny mount bolts wasn't tightened all the way down.
        -1999 Camaro Coupe 3800 Series II V6 A4 - SOLD<br />-1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP coupe

Comment

ok i thought it was the ball joint, so i was goin to go get this fixed, but today as i got in my car the sound has stopped could this be something else or should i just forget about it since i dont hear the sound

Comment

???

Comment

I doubt this is it, but i had a knocking sound when i would turn or accelerate and it was right under the shifter. It turned out to be my two piece drive shaft. If thats what it is, replace it with a solid once piece, its cheaper, and quiter. I did that and the car is great now. But im not sure thats what it is...

Comment

Mine kinda makes this noise that you speak of but its when I turn right or hit bumps. Its my wheel or axle bearing I'm pretty sure.
                \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X