$5000 worth of mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $5000 worth of mods

Assume you start with a 2000+ 3.8 M5. You have $5000 to spend on mods, and speed is more important than appearance (but appearance counts). What do you do? I know yall are sick of my constant hypothetical questions, but I really want to make sure that when I get the right things done to my car....
    The Surgeon General never said anything about smokin\' a FORD

Probally find a good deal on an ls1 t56 combo :D

ok serously, 5 grand will get you a lot. If i had 5 grand now i would invest into batman's supercharger.
    98 3.8 A4<br />yep it\'s a 6

Comment

that would get you, the super, intake, exhaust and sfc's which could be a real plus when adding that extra power..
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jewbacca02:
        Assume you start with a 2000+ 3.8 M5. You have $5000 to spend on mods, and speed is more important than appearance (but appearance counts). What do you do? I know yall are sick of my constant hypothetical questions, but I really want to make sure that when I get the right things done to my car....<hr></blockquote>

Assuming the car is paid off.....

Shocks - 400
        springs - 200
        catback - 600
        headers - 500
        heads/cam - 1500
        lsd - 100
        lid - 100
        maft+ - 300

That would be a good start
        Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
        "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
        http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

I'd do,

Supercharger $3300 +/-
          Exhaust, 3" from headers $700
          3.73 gears, LSD $500 no more
          Nitrous $800

$5300 and you could prolley get some thing cheaper etc, but if you need to ahve these things installed, then I'd say to deduct $800-900 for a shop to do it all, so that could get rid of the nitrous right there.

If you do anything, do Supercharger and Full Exhaust

Comment

I'd go supercharger, exhaust (corsa [img]smile.gif[/img] .. should sound sweet on an fbody with a supercharger.. you could also be only fbody with a corsa on (*V6 that is*), I'd get intake and probably some shocks, springs and headers.... depending on what packages you have on your car already.
            2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
            Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

put 300 down now to Ryan aka BATMAN and get in on the ATI supercharger and be one of the first 10.

No non sense get the power now for 4g's and some change.

Comment

I would do the ls1, t56 swap, or an lt1, t56 swap. You guys do know the T5 is only rated I think for 300 lbs. of torque. Anyone notice there is no such thing as a t5 on a high powered v8?

Comment

thanks!... forgot to mention, also assume it has Y87. And this is gonna make me sound like a moron, but what are SFCs?

[ April 10, 2002: Message edited by: jewbacca02 ]</p>
                  The Surgeon General never said anything about smokin\' a FORD

Comment

SFC = Subframe Connectors.. don't feel stupid.. when these guy start talking about volumetric effeciency my brain just shuts down. [img]tongue.gif[/img] we are all here to learn..
                    -Brad
                    98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                    2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                    If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                    :rock:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by knowledgefreak:
                      put 300 down now to Ryan aka BATMAN and get in on the ATI supercharger and be one of the first 10.

No non sense get the power now for 4g's and some change.
                      <hr></blockquote>

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                      <a href=\"http://www.saintsworth.com/z06\" target=\"_blank\">\'02 Corvette Z06</a>

Comment

supercharger or drop an LS1 in the car
                        Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

batmans supercharger kit, forged pistons, wet kit, stall converter, slicks :D

just a start
                          1998 Jet Black Trans-am M6 T-tops<br />\"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find: knock and it shall be opened unto you:-Matthew 7:7<br />Old car<br /><a href=\"http://matthew27529.tripod.com/getsome\" target=\"_blank\">http://matthew27529.tripod.com/getsome</a><br />NEW CAR<br /><a href=\"http://garnerebel.tripod.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://garnerebel.tripod.com/</a>

Comment

If i had 5 grand on my account rigt now, id sell my car, and use the 5 as downpayment on my new LS1!!! ;)
                            2002 Red M6 T/A<p>Heads, cam, blah blah...<br />427 rwhp and 401 rwtq - For now

Comment

You could have slp make it a firebird gt for under 3000... not much performance wise but it's unique and gets a muffler and pipes...
                              ===========================<br />1995 Green Firebird 3.4L V6<br />160 degree thermostat<br />4 - American Eagle 077 Polished 17\" wheels<br />4 - Kumho 711 245/45/17 tires<br />Pioneer DEH-7300 Deck<br />Pioneer GM-X564 480 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier<br />4 - Pioneer TS-A1795 6.5\" speakers<br />2 - Pioneer TS-W3041DVC<br />12\" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofers in custom box<br />============================

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X