port and polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• port and polish?

what does porting and polishing do, where do you do it? can i do it? how much and i gain for each part i port and polish?
    2002 Pewter a4 Camaro<br />No Mods as of yet, but this Spring:<br />Wisper Lid<br />Borla Catback<br />Holly Power Shot air Filter<br />Tranns-go shift Kit<br />Alum. or Carbon Fiber drive shaft<br />And may be in the future an LS6

?
    2002 Pewter a4 Camaro<br />No Mods as of yet, but this Spring:<br />Wisper Lid<br />Borla Catback<br />Holly Power Shot air Filter<br />Tranns-go shift Kit<br />Alum. or Carbon Fiber drive shaft<br />And may be in the future an LS6

Comment

generally, technical questions like this one can be found by doing a search. try there.
      oh, get the hint where this oughta be? :D

but really, there's not a whole lot to be gained from just porting the manifold, and/or throttle body, it's the heads that will help
      2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

General tech, maybee?

Comment

Ok.. I read this in the morning and wasn't sure if I should move it.. I will..

When a question is asked in such a general way.. ie THIS topic.. or possibly "What is a camshaft.." or other similar basic questions, I will move them to general tech.

Advanced Tech is more for discussion type topics... more in-depth stuff..

Basic, what is this, how does it work things belong in General Help.

No harm done.
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Im not exactly positive on this but to my knoledge all porting and polishing does is: Lets say you port and polish your intake manifold, porting is going to open it up so more air can get through polishing is going to smooth it out again so more air can flow through with less restriction. Same when you port heads and plenums and stuff.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X