"Low Traction" light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Low Traction" light

Is the "Low Traction" light supposed to come on when tires are spinning because they can't get grip? Because mine only comes on if I fishtail, or my car slides a little.
    <a href=\"http://cardomain.com/id/stupidfock\" target=\"_blank\"> 1996 <b>5spd</b> Silver Camaro</a><br />- Removed airbox, replaced with performance filter.

I believe it comes on when wheels are traveling at different speeds. At least thats my assumption based on when mine has come on.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/briansr\" target=\"_blank\">97 White Pontiac Firebird 3.8 A4</a><br />Mods- 2.75\" exhaust, Dynomax muffler, magnaflow cat, SLP CAI, Hypertech 160* thermo, Fan switch<br />Suspension-Kumho Ecsta 712\'s, 32mm/19mm sway bars<br /><br />Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don\'t fail us now. <br />-Elwood Blues

Comment

Mine comes on when the ABS is activated or when the traction control is active. Basically when the tires spin or under hard braking.
      1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

mine only come on when i am hitting brakes and my car can't grip the road due to gravel or braking over a bump which makes yr tires loose ground for a few moments.
        Ummad!<br />2k pewter maro M5. 160 thermo, WhisperLid w/K&N Filter, Jet PCM Stage 2, Free Ram Air, Air Silencer Delete (purchased already and) waiting to install manual fan switch, air/fuel ratio guage.

Comment

if the front tires are moving faster/slower then the back tires it will come on.....
          and if your abs starts working from snow/ice/wet/gravel roads it will come on too cause the tires are all moving at different speeds
          www.turbov6camaro.com
          1997 3800 Series II Camaro
          4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
          7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
          11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

i was going through my slushy sub division roads at like 10 mph and the low traction came on, the tires seemed to be just spinning without the car moving very much (compared to normal)

Comment

Viper's 100% correct:

Low Trac Indicator
              The Low Trac Indicator is located in the instrument cluster and will illuminate when the EBCM/EBTCM detects a low traction condition. Conditions for the Low Trac Indicator to turn on are as follows:

Instrument Panel Cluster bulb check. When the ignition is turned to RUN, the ASR Indicator will turn on for approximately three seconds and then turn off.
              The EBCM/EBTCM detects an antilock braking condition.
              The EBTCM detects a traction control condition.

Traction Control
              Traction control will not have any effect on the operation of the vehicle until the control module detects one or both of the rear wheels rotating faster than the front wheels. At this time the Electronic Brake and Traction Control Module (EBTCM) will request the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to retard timing. If the EBTCM continues to detect the rear wheel are rotating faster than the front it will request the ASM to reduce the throttle angle. The last measure taken to control the rear wheel is for the EBTCM to apply the rear brakes, thus reducing torque to the rear wheels. Once the rear wheels begin to rotate at the same speed as the front wheels, the system will return full control to the driver. During Traction Control mode, if the brake is applied to only one rear wheel, most of the torque from the engine will be directed to the other rear wheel which will improve the traction of the vehicle.
              Matt
              1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
              Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

so basically the low traction light will come on when you have... dun dun dun! low traction

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

How come mine doesn't come on when I do a burnout?
                  2002 Pewter V6 Camaro M5 <br /><br />Quickest stock-motor N/A V6 4th Gen F-body.<br />2nd Quickest N/A V6 4th Gen F-body overall.<br />mods: Gear, weight reduction, tuning <br /><br />Fear the Gear. 13.585 @ 100.05 1.827 60\'<br /><br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.NJFBOA.org\" target=\"_blank\">www.NJFBOA.org</a>

Comment

i think thats different, try doing donuts with the TCS off (make sure to do it in a huge parking lot)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                      Low Voltage
                      by Vladimir Gecko
                      I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                      1 hour ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      5 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      3 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X