Door lock won’t turn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door lock won’t turn

So my drivers side door lock won’t turn anymore, took the door panel off and the inside door stuff is working fine, ordered a new lock and some graphite to try in the lock. .
    Last edited by ssms5411; 07-24-2023, 06:07 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Tried graphite , no luck. Can’t get my hand in there to pull the lock out so time to call the mobile mechanic to see if he can do it . Should get the replacement lock from Jegs this week.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Mobile mechanic stopped by, said it’s probably the tumblers. Said once I get the parts he’ll fix it.

Comment

Never heard of a tumbler before. It's that the same as the cylinder.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          Never heard of a tumbler before. It's that the same as the cylinder.
          Yes, the tumblers are inside of the cylinder.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0803.jpeg
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	1579061 Got the new locks , just doing the driver’s side, so will have 2 keys. Hope to get it in next week. Here’s a pic for you Edgar, the part that is open on the cylinder holds the tumblers. He said I could get new tumbler kit and he could save the lock but I had already ordered the new locks, I just figured there already almost 28 years old so just buy new ones. I’ll have a spare for the passenger side .
            Last edited by ssms5411; 07-28-2023, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Should get the lock swapped out Wednesday or Thursday, got my hands in there , don’t know how to get the old one out, I’ll watch the mechanic and see how they go in and out.

Comment

Got the new lock in , took him maybe 10-15 minutes. I already had the door apart so went smooth. Was just going to charge me $20 but gave him $40. He’s a really smart mechanic. Works great too. Just need to put the door trim back together and I’m set.

Comment

Glad to hear it worked out.

Comment

Thanks Edgar, yeah not to hard to do, have to have smaller hands to get up in there, once the lock is out , it’s just transferring the hardware off the old lock to the new lock.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                      Hello everyone!
                      by Andy H
                      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                      4 weeks ago
                    • 3.4 slow to go
                      hey there strangers!
                      by 3.4 slow to go
                      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                      4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X