X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cool, let us know how she runs

Comment

Will do.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Are you getting it tuned right after?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

I’ll have my Hptuners with me so in case I need to tune it. Should be pretty close ,206/216 115 LS and the new 212/212 113 LS but if it’s bad I’ll make some adjustments.
          Last edited by ssms5411; 11-07-2019, 01:37 PM.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got it dropped off , he noticed the fuel smell and looked under the hood right away and found injector 4 cracked. Ordered new Ev1 60lb injectors.

Comment

Some pics, tensioner was broke into pieces, wish I did the double roller 8 years ago.
              Attached Files

Comment

Some more pics, VS cam looks great for being 20 years old. I’ll be selling it too.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here’s the oil pump and then the new milled cover on the timing cover. Click image for larger version

Name:	FD733696-1929-4ACC-B30C-66923BEE89DA.jpeg
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	1574133Click image for larger version

Name:	91F57857-0389-4706-9233-429B3D1FF38B.jpeg
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1574134
                  Attached Files

Comment

Some more pics finishing up,
                    Attached Files

Comment

Continued
                      Attached Files

Comment

Now just waiting on fuel injectors to get here Wednesday to fire it up. Then he’ll do the rear abs sensor and reverse lights. Maybe Friday or Saturday to pick it up.

Comment

did you have them do any other oiling mods beside the cover ? I've been reading some posts on 3800 pro and Chicago garage about cleaning up casting flaws and porting the inlet/outlet in both the block and the timing cover, I think when I finally do get around to pulling my motor, im gonna try to get the oil flowing as good as I can with some porting , drilling mains , removing the balance shaft and plugging the hole for starters...

Comment

Did the oil volume mod, should raise the oil psi, 30-40 psi, yeah if your pulling the motor I could see doing some oil mods.

Comment

Some more pics
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looks great. Are you gonna do any other dress mods up on the motor ? I was thinking about hitting my valve covers with a soft brass wire brush and then some high gloss clear coat to give them that bright- brushed aluminum look.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X