My car seems to try to drive itself? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My car seems to try to drive itself?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My car seems to try to drive itself?

Well everyonce in a while like once a week, ill be driving along going about 30-40mph, my foot will not be on the gas (or it occurs just after my foots was off the gas sometimes) and all of the suddend the rpms go to about 2500 and the car speeds up a little it doesnt stop still I hit the brake or the gas. Is somethign wrong with my car? does it need a tune up? I have a 1995 3.4 Camaro, the only real mod i have is the K&N. Please give me any ideas on what you think this problem could be.

Thats pretty odd... The first thing that comes to my mind is that your throttle is sticking. i dont know much about the 3.4s throttle, ( hell, I drive a 99 that is "drive-by-wire" ) but that seems to be the first thing I think of. Anyone else?

~Brian
    NEW 2002 Onyx Black SS Camaro<br />M6, leather, T-tops, Hurst shifter<p>sold: 1999 Pewter V6 A4 Camaro

Comment

do you have cruise control?
      ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

dang, strange beat me to it! did you leave the cruise on?
        1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Pretty sure cruise is off

Comment

I would check your crusie control connections plus vacuum pressure/leaks, also your throttle body and some other things that I can't think of at the moment, I'm to exhausted to think straight. I'll let you know later.
            1994 Camaro<br />3.4L V6 Automatic<br />K&N FIPK&Gold Oil Filter,Ravin Performance Exhaustw/Dynomax MandrelBent3\"I-Pipe&S Pipe&Catco 3\" HiFlow Cat.,ASP Crank and High AMP Alternator,U.D. Pulley Set, Bosch Spark Plugs and Oxygen Sensors, Taylor Wires, B&M E.ShiftPlus, 160 thermostat,Zexel Torsen L.S.D., CSI Remote Mount Electric Water Pump & Temp. Controller & Flex Hoses, ALM. Drivshaft, Diamond SubFram Conn.<br />COMING SOON: 350 or 502 RAMJET ENGINE & Big Block Hood<br />NJ V6 F-Body Club<br /><a href=\"http://tristategm.com/NJFbV6/\" target=\"_blank\">http://tristategm.com/NJFbV6/</a><br />Street Lethal F-Body Association <br /><a href=\"http://www.slfba.com./index.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.slfba.com./index.html</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              2 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X