car wont start need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car wont start need help

hey guys ive got a 94 camaro 3.4 bone stock,it started runing real rough in that it would barely idle had to keep a little throttle on just to keep it running and even then it ran like crap.now it wont start at all.i have no idea what it could be,if anyone could help i would appreiciate it

Assuming it cranks ,check some real simple things,like it sounds that maybe a vacuum hose could have got disconnected or in a spot where it burned,& put a hole in it.Then it could have gotten flooded by throttling it too much.Then check if its getting spark, with an ajustable spark tester you can get for a few bucks at any major auto parts store.Check each coil pack .Then go to a little more complicated stuff, like if you have a fuel pressure gauge,see if its up to snuff.Just eliminate the simple stuff first,IE. plugs,wires,fuel filter etc.If it has'nt had a plug or wire change for quite a long time, could also be that.How was it kept up?.Hope its not ignition module that could be a little pricey.Hope this gives you somewhere to start,keep us updated.
    geocor

Comment

hey thanks,i put a new fuel filter and it didnt realy help,i guess il put new plugs and wires on next,i havent changed them yet and iv had the car for over a year,i hope that works

Comment

look at my post, 3.4 HUGE probs...

if this doesnt help I dont think anything will.
        96 Camaro 3.8 A4 Basemodel: 8 mm wires, Shift Kit, Hollowed <br />Cat(o2 sims), RKSport exhaust, IAT 5.6K resistor, Home Depot CAI<br />&gt;&gt;&gt;15.375 @ 89.27&lt;&lt;&lt;NEW BEST TIME <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/552491</a>

Comment

hey guy just thought id let you know i put new plugs and wires on and it runs great now,im lucky it wasnt something serious,thanks for the help

Comment

Very welcome!Glad it was a relatively quick & inexpensive fix.As in most cases like this one its best to go to the simple stuff first.Plug & wires are often thought of as not having to be replaced,or that 100K miles BS.At least25-30K mi. to check & poss. rep. plugs & 35-50Kmi. for wire rep.Good preventative maint.
            geocor

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X