Turn signals don't always blink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn signals don't always blink

I've been having a problem where my turn signals will sometimes not blink. Instead they just stay solid, and the light on the dash stays solid when this happens. I recently replaced the front passenger's side DRL bulb because it was burnt out, but my signals are still messed up. Brake lights are all working fine. I did a test just now and I signaled left and it blinked. Signaled right and it blinked. Signaled right while applying the brake at the same time and it stayed solid. Signaled left while applying the brake and it blinked. After that, the right turn signal would not blink anymore even if I didn't push the brake. Sometimes the left signal wont work either, but most of the time it's the right one that doesn't blink. Anyone know what the problem is? Thanks.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/sean37\" target=\"_blank\">Black \'97 Camaro</a> w/ CAI, catback

my sugestion is to take the bulbs out of the lenses look at them and see if they need to be replaced. And if not they only other this I could think of is to replace the turn sigle flasher. Just take off the kicker panned under the driver side and its directly under the radio. Its a lil round aluminum thiny. Real easy to replace and only cost a few bucks.

Comment

One light is partially broke.
      I had a bulb that was partially broke, and the blinkers would work from pothole to pothole. Everytime I hit a bump, they would switch from working to not working. Turns out, one tailight bulb had a slight break on the filiment, and was making a partial contact between potholes. Could not find whitch one, so I replalaced all tailight bulbs and the problem went away.
      sigpic

Comment

your flasher unit could be going out, get a new one from autozone for $2. It plugs in under the dash.
        97 polo metallic green v6<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/tdaddyz\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

I had a similar problem just like this. When it is darker out, have someone hit the brakes. Now take a look at your signals. If they seem to light up a little I know what your prob is. In the trunk under the rug by the trunk lock their are 2 grounds. On my car the bolt was loose so the grounds were bouncing around and causing a ground-to-short burning out my turn signals.
          98 Silver Camaro V6<br />15.238 @91.74 w/ 2.288 60\'<br />Mods: K&N, FTRA, Pacesetter Headers, Spec 3 Clutch, 160 Thermo, TSP Rumbler, 3\" Catco, Whisper Lid, 3.42\'s w/LSD, Aluminum DS, Man Fan Switch<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain

Comment

you need blinker fluid
            New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
            RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
            crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
            The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X