which gears?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tru2Chevy:
    If you want to figure out the optimum gear ratio for drag racing, you want to pick the gears that will let you use all of your powerband in the gear that you cross the finish in. For example, if you cross the line in 3rd gear, you want to be just about at the redline as you cross the line.

Here are some formulas to help determine the best gear for your specific car, since everyone's car is different:

http://www.prestage.com/Car+Math/Gea...+/default.aspx

- Justin

*edit* - For those that don't know - the standerd tire on your car is approx 26" tall.
    what is our transmission ratio? A4?
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I was wondering what the M5's were so I couldn't do it...
      Stephen Cruikshank<br /><br />Selling some stuff so all I have left is the FRA, !MAF Screen, whisper lid, Holley PowerShot, 3\" catback, and 160* thermo on the car<br /><br />I Practice Street S.M.A.R.T.S. - do you?

Comment

what is our transmission ratio? A4?
        It's different in each gear. The ratio changes with the gear.
        -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Well, the guy that I bought the LSD from checked the gears and said they had been beat up, so he threw in some 3.73's at no extra cost for me, WOOOOOOOOOT!
          Stephen Cruikshank<br /><br />Selling some stuff so all I have left is the FRA, !MAF Screen, whisper lid, Holley PowerShot, 3\" catback, and 160* thermo on the car<br /><br />I Practice Street S.M.A.R.T.S. - do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Camarorulz:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />what is our transmission ratio? A4?
            It's different in each gear. The ratio changes with the gear. </font>[/QUOTE]well i guess what im asking, what is the ratio for 3rdgear cause thats what i pass the line in and i want to do that calculator thing
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by smcruikshank:
              well, i got the 3.42's
              I went from 3.23 to 3.42 and notice a tad difference.
              New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X