sea foam application...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sea foam application...

just bought 2 cans of sea foam and im gonna dump one in the gas tank. the other i wanna dump 2/3 into my oil. and i wanna know how u apply it into your tb, to my understanding i turn on my car let it run then funnel some into my tb (pulling the cable a bit) and flood it out. once its flooded to a stall i turn it back on then let it idle again. i just wanna make sure im doing this right. i dont wanna blow her up or anything. :D
    <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

How much was it and where did you get it?

Comment

sorry for bein a dumbass but whats see foam do??

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
      05' CTS-V
      00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

i know napa and checker carry it
        2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

I just did this. DON'T FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE BOTTLE. It says to pull the pcv inlet hose on the manifold end and pour it in there. Apparently there isn't enough vacuum there to get the juices flowing and I dumped a third of the bottle into the intake elbow where it just sat. [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] I poured the next third in the right place. The main vacuum connection is behind the throttle body. Pull that and your RPMs will shoot to about 2500. Pour it right in there. Your engine probably won't stall out, mine didn't. I put the connection back on immediately and the engine died with that. Let it sit for 5 minutes and fire it back up. THERE WILL BE LOTS OF SMOKE. LOTS! I thought I was killing my poor car. I know my neighbors thought I was killing my car. I just poured the rest of the bottle into my gas tank.
          \'94 Camaro 3.4<br />\"No, Starvin Marvin. That\'s my pot pie.\"

Comment

Anyone wanna tell me how much this stuff costs?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by PiLOTLiTE:
              Anyone wanna tell me how much this stuff costs?<hr></blockquote>
              $4.00

Comment

I pulled the vacuum line on the brake booster and used a funnel there. If you dump too much in you can flood it, if you moderate the amount it will just chug a bit. Also, when I tried to flood it and stall it using this method it died and spit some of the stuff back at me [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] , just warning ya ;)

If you want to clean the TB I would suggest buying the spray version called SeaFoam Deep Creep. It's at napa as well. I can't remember the exact price but I don't think it was more than ten bucks? I think I split the two cans between the upper engine, the crankcase, and the gas tank; 2/3 a can each.

Comment

so what does this stuff do exactly? does it clean the carbon out of the valves or whatever?? What does it do?
                  1996 Red Camaro 3.8L<br />Details, you say? Go here.<br /><a href=\"http://www.angelfire.com/trek/brl866s/camaro.html\" target=\"_blank\">Slick Red</a><p>\"A Great Warrior defeats his enemies by smashing their fists with his face.\" - A Great Warrior

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by treklav:
                    so what does this stuff do exactly? does it clean the carbon out of the valves or whatever?? What does it do?<hr></blockquote>
                    It's a top end cleaner. Cleans the carbon out of every damn thing!

Comment

The best way to use it is to pull the vacuum hose off the master cyl and pour it in there....I could not get the engine to stall but it did work well.
                      Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

Comment

You don't want to stall the engine. You want to keep it running as you suck the Sea Foam into the engine. The place I used to work had a fuel system cleaning kit that included a bottle which hooked up to the vacuum line on the master cylinder. Often times when you stall the vehicle, this can result in vapor lock, and can make the engine hard to re-start. BTW if you've never used this stuff before, it tends to smoke ALOT, so don't panic.
                        2001 Onyx Black Camaro M5-Totalled<br />2005 Ford F150 XLT 5.4L<br /><br />\"To make peace, prepare for war.\"

Comment

I'm not sure which one is the vacuum line...is it the one on the passenger side of the throttle body that slides off and has a little boot on the end?
                          2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

http://w3.one.net/~roz/cars/z28/seafoam.html

here is a site that explains the whole process
                            Nick<br /><br />1996 White RS

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X