Is this a starter problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a starter problem?

Alright, pretty cut and dry. I turn the key and hold it over and the car wont make any clicking noises like the battery is dead. Complete silence. What is interesting is that this isn't a problem that happens everytime i try to start it. Seems like after i run the car for a while, and then i let it sit and come back out to start it, it just wont go, and eventually it will turn over. Im assuming this is the starter problem, but want to make sure before i go out and buy one. My fuel filter, spark plugs, wires, and coils are new.
    Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

The SECURITY light doesn't flash when this happens, does it?
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Re: Is this a starter problem?

dang, after i posted this last week they renovated the boards and i couldnt read up. anyhow, ive found something out that makes me scratch my head....i dont think its the starter anymore. i just happened to be trying different things and it seems if i push the clutch all the way to the floor and turn the key over, it wont turn over.....BUT, if i lift the clutch pedal up maybe about an inch off the floor board..it turns over fine? i got a buddy over at a dodge dealership and i think im just gonna let him hook it up to a machine they got and flush/refill my slave/master cylinders to see if its a hyrdaulics problem with the clutch. other than that im not sure what else it would be other than the fact something could be out of place in the clutch/transmission. any suggestions?
      Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Re: Is this a starter problem?

It could be the actual switch the clutch engages when you press it down. Try looking around the clutch arm area & see if there is a switch thats loose or something. I'm not to sure where its located though...
        Last edited by xFirex99; 04-04-2006, 10:17 AM. Reason: I am stupid
        99 Firebird<br />On order: SLP CAI, Whisper Lid,<br />Flowmaster catback, K&N filter<br />50k

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X