no it just wont start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no it just wont start

if you read my other thrad you will get up to date on my prob but now it just wont start all i get is back fire through the exhaust i checked the fireing order a dozen times
    i need help fast
    1995, 3.4l, v6 automatic, no pcm mods, no cat turbo thrush muffler, dry 100 shot of nos(ended the life of the car befor its time), cai, T.B. heater bypass,

Did the timing chain jump a tooth or two? What happened just before you started havng problems? If it's cranking and backfiring, it's gotta be the firing order or the crank is out of alignment with the spark.
    sigpic

Comment

ok it started with a missfire. i found that it was the wires but all of the wire at night they lite up from coil to the plug like having 6 neon lights under the hood
      then when i got the new wires it got worse
      so now i tryed coils then injectors then module then last night i pulled it in to the gerage because a tire hade gone flat while it sat in the driveway and now it just wont start
      is there any way to check the timeing chain with out taking the car apart
      1995, 3.4l, v6 automatic, no pcm mods, no cat turbo thrush muffler, dry 100 shot of nos(ended the life of the car befor its time), cai, T.B. heater bypass,

Comment

Doesn't sound like a jumped tooth, it sounds more of a problem with the coil packs and the firing order. I know you've checked the order, but I'm thinking the problem is somewhere within that area. Maybe a bad coil...? Dunno, I'm stumped.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyman:
          Doesn't sound like a jumped tooth, it sounds more of a problem with the coil packs and the firing order. I know you've checked the order, but I'm thinking the problem is somewhere within that area. Maybe a bad coil...? Dunno, I'm stumped.
          yeah i heard that

Comment

You sure you got the 3/6 wires right? Those two are out of sequence from the 1/4 and 2/5, when putting new wires on I got them backwards once.
            1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

I had the same problem as you,turned out it was a bad crankshaft sensor.I think ours has 2 of them

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X